• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BVLegal Statutory Demand Posted Through Back Door. WON!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BVLegal Statutory Demand Posted Through Back Door. WON!!!!

Hello

This is my first post to any kind of forum and I am desperately hoping someone may be able to help me.

My niece called me today to say she had noticed a letter had been posted to the back of my house (so not through the front door of the house where the post is delivered/where you'd knock the door) but delivered by hand, through the back door which leads to a unused storage room i rarely go in. She opened and read the letter for me and it was a statutory demand delivered by hand from BV Legal on behalf on Lowells, who have combined three debts from very dark days a long long time ago.

It was posted 18th March but I've only seen it today. So I am well passed the 18 days to apply to set it aside. I don't know what to do .... i really don't. I do not want to be made bankrupt!!!!! After the very dark days, five years later I just about have my life back together having just got a permanent job last week. I'm so scared now .. this letter has come out of nowhere. I haven't had any visits or previous correspondence from them. And is it ok that they wouldn't even post it in my front door?

They have listed three debts and i wondered if they could possibly be statute barred (which is a term i have literally found out today!) and in the list they have said the default dates are 17th August 2009, 17 July 2009 and 10 April 2009. I can't prove it because i don't have any records but i wouldn't mind betting they were even before this ...

I don't know what to do ... on any front please help if you can
    Last edited by piscesprincess; 16th April 2014, 22:05:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: BVLegal Statutory Demand Posted Through Back Door, Not Seen Till Today - Please H

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...533#post386533

Give Kate (Celestine on here) at Howlett Clarkes a call tomorrow - because of the issue with the service she should be able to get it squashed to allow you time to deal with it.

Service should be direct to you, sticking it through an unused back door letterbox wouldn't suffice. Not when you have a obvious letterbox at the front.

''The creditor is bound to do all that is reasonable to ensure that the demand is brought to the debtor’s attention, including personally serving the statutory demand on the debtor if practicable''

tel:01273 327 272

email:katebriscoe@howlettclarke.co.uk

Next thing is to have a look at what the SD is actually for, what the debts are, dates last paid etc and get CCA requests sent off to check Lowells are actually entitled to claim on the debts.

If the default dates are mid/late 2009 then its likely you stopped paying around 3 months before so they probably wouldn't be stat barred as that needs to be 6 years clear.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: BVLegal Statutory Demand Posted Through Back Door, Not Seen Till Today - Please H

Thanks for your reply Amethyst, I am sat here chewing my nails. I have already emailed Kate and hope she may be able to reply tomorrow. Fingers and toes x'd!!

Comment

Good stuff Hopefully she'll be able to find out what's happening with the claim and advise them on the slightly dodgy method of service.

Try not to worry !

While you're waiting to call her tmw you can sort out three CCA request letters - one for each debt - to send to Lowells - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...y-of-Agreement keep you from chewing your nails

Hopefully you've read success forum and can see this can be dealt with so really don't lose too much sleep xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I am definitely encouraged reading about all of Kate's amazing successes - I really hope I can add my own to them soon! I have done my CCA letters and am going to lay in bed with it all crossed. Thanks for your time, its made a real difference to my spiraling anxiety tonight!

Comment

I'm glad, do let me know how you get on xxx and feel free to ask if U need any help
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Just an update - all sorted for now!! Late contacted BV Legal on my behalf and they didn't even know the statutory demand had been served! She got them to agree that as i have a copy (despite their dodgy backdoor serving technique) that yesterday would be the day of serving. So now CCA letters have gone off and hopefully after Easter the demand can be set aside and Lowell's dealt with. I slept last night and feel like i can enjoy this weekend with this massive weight off my shoulders for now, and in Kate's expert hands for when it gets picked back up. A very emotional pheeeeew!!

Comment

Fabulous. Enjoy your Easter weekend xxx
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Statutory Demand set aside. Congratulations to Pisces Princess
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X