• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Flogas Arrears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flogas Arrears

I am trying to research my consumer rights in regards to monthly payments for LPG and arrears.
    After several years as a customer of Flogas, I signed a top-up contract with Flogas. This contract provided a no hassle top-up of LPG with no pre-booking. This contract was paid for by monthly direct debit at the cost of £100 per month.

In 2013 I had to move out of the property and received my final bill from Flogas. After clearing some payments by direct debit and cheque there was still an arrears of £800. I have questioned this with Flogas, however they assure me that everything is correct.

My question as a consumer, is there any requirement for LPG suppliers to advise consumers if the monthly payments are not sufficient and that a debt is building up.

From my calculations, there will always be a debt, this will never clear. £800 = 8 X £100 monthly payments, within that time there will be a requirement for another to-pup, adding more costs to the existing debt.

I believe a mistake has been made and that Flogas have escalated their costs beyond what their monthly top-up fee can actually clear.

Any advice will be welcome. I am currently in discussion with Flogas solicitors to address the alleged debt.

Regards

Tony
    Tags: None

Re: Flogas Arrears

My husband and I was with Flogas from April 2010 until September 2011 when they disconnected us.My husband signed the agreement which had an opening reading of 3260 but in fact the landlord's reading was 4689 and it took them 6 months to rectify this. They asked us to pay £100 a month as the previous couple had. We had a Rayburn we didn't use and 4 working radiators. Our cooker was not fitted until half way through the winter.All bills sent contradicted each other with different readings.On disconnection we received a final bill of nearly £5000. I spoke to the solicitor from Flogas(who actually didn't tell me that he was a solicitor) and begged them to take us to court.They went for a CCJ 2 years later, obviously hoping that we wouldn't have kept the paperwork. I defended the claim but the court did not receive it! Hence a Statutory Demand arrived, but because it was signed by the man who I thought was from Flogas not a solicitor I ignored it. Stupid! I should have checked. Now they are trying to make my husband bankrupt.Two Judges believed that I should be allowed to have the CCJ set aside because of the clear issues but the same Judge has just dismissed my application so I am appealing. Any help from anybody here would be appreciated.

I would challenge the bills.Did you provide any readings? Unfortunately our dodgy landlord provided ours and always had the meter locked. Flogas even admitted to me on the phone that the readings were different to the ones provided by the previous tenant and the landlord. Hearsay I know but there are horror stories about Flogas all over the internet.

Regards,

Dolly

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X