• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays uphold complaint then offer goodwill payment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclays uphold complaint then offer goodwill payment

Just input yours figures in, have assumed 62 payments of £33 on last day of month and come up with:
    Repayment od ppi paid £2046 plus 8% simple interest of £2247, giving a total of £4293.

I have used this twice for ppi refunds and got back pretty much what I asked for. If you have evidence of the monthly payment and the start and finish dates there can be little dispute on the level of redress.

Good luck

Comment

Thanks again .. Have spent the day trying to find a way of getting more info about payments made to this policy .contacted Barclays today to see if i could locate some more info about the policy the chap I spoke to was basically saying I should accept what I was given as a goodwill payment as it is going to be almost impossible to get the proof I need about the ppi payments being made..I cannot accept this .I have the start and final payments dates and only one old bank statement showing a payment ....anyway I am waiting on my own bank getting back to me (Bank of Scotland) about old statements not holding out much hope now that I will be able to get the proof I need but will obviously take your advice and send them a letter with my own calculations ..then will have to consider FSO ..not sure how. I could do this without proof of payments..any advice would be gratefully accepted ..thanks chrissie

Comment

Hi Chrissie

Did you actually call in to the branch?

I note you said contacted them, but maybe calling into the branch maybe better, you are there in front of them and they will tend to check whilst your there for any info for you x

Comment

Thanks Di ..I am thinking I will still visit the branch the problem is its an hours bus journey ( not much fun with a 5 year old!) will wait till next week when she is back to school ...the impression I got from the chap I spoke to at Barclays was that here would not be much point as I was not a barclays customer and the likelihood of them having the evidence I need will be almost impossible ..anyway will see .. I am not giving up ..thanks for your support Di chrissie x

Comment

Best of luck, Chrissie.
            please do not give up.
            The bank agreed that it was mis-sold. That is the most important. They cannot deny it now.
            you certainly have enough information to demand the correct amount.
            fingers crossed
            Vxx

Comment

I think you have enough information to demand the coreect redress - going to Barclays will be a waste of time - the branch will have no record of what you paid as you did not bank with them.

The information you need evidence of is the start and finish dates and the amount of the monthly payment for PPI - all of which you have supplied to us on here. You now need to be firm and write back to them requesting true and proper redress for the mis-sold PPI - give them 14 days to respond and tell them if they do not you will refer to the FOS.

In the meantime it might be worth contacting your bank for copy statements for the period in question - but please do not pay a fortune for these.

Please keep everthing in writing - talking to them will not achieve much other that stress on your part.

Comment

Hopefully as Pressandgo says the branch will provide you with the statements you require.

When i called into my branch, (as i thought with passing by at the time I would give it a go) with the fact that the complaints team said they had no info, well directly in branch we were lucky they did come across info we required, as i assumed if complaints didnt have the info then its unlikely the bank wont either (this was not on the mid 90's ones though) but early 2000's in my case.

Info I expected to receive in a SAR, the branch provided me with directly on request but as Pressandgo also says do not go into the expense though, they may even be kind enough to provide you with the relevant info free to you. Good luck! x

Comment

Hi all thanks again ...pressandgo can I use your calculation to send to them ? And would this be the correct amount to ask for? I think you are all right with your advice and it is much appreciated... I know i must have a strong case but think I have lost confidence ... I will put something together at the weekend and post it for your comments before I sends...I was even tthinking about going to one of these ppi claim companies ...anyway have a bit of time to try and get it right thanks so much again chrissie

Comment

Hi Chrissie,

it is a terrible state of affairs when, having done the hard work in winning your case, you have to start over again with the amount. Please do not give up and, please under no circumstances go to a PPI company. They only take your information, your hard work, pretend it's theirs and charge you circa 30% for the privilege.
                    i can also promise you have NO ONE on the high street has the level of expertise that you will get from Di and Victoria. Also help from Pressandgo. If you think of it where would you get such unselfish help!!
                    so take a deep breath and go get them again. This is an area where the small man can and does win! Please do not take this as me preaching, i do not mean to....... It's just that you have come so far.
                    Enjoy your Easter break and start the assault again next week. Everyone here will support you.
                    very best regards and hope this helps.

:beagle: Xxxxxxxx

Comment

Thank you so much for your comments ..the people on this site are amazing and I am so appreciative of the support definitely restored my faith! thanks again chrissie ...xxx.

Comment

Chrissie - please do claim the full amount - just state the bare facts of 62 monthly payments of £33 for PPI plus 8% interest will restore you to the position you would be in had you not taken out the mis-sold ppi cmoes to the figure you are claiming.

Please remember - the hard part has been done - they have admitted it was mis-sold and you are entitled to this redress - it is your money.

Comment

please follow advice of L'pool - do not use a claims company - they will only use he same information you have now, write a letter stating your claim and take 30% of your money.

Your letter should just consist of
                          1- thank them for admitting the PPI was mis-sold
                          2- decline their goodwill offer as you have evidence/records of actual payments
                          3 - State the amount you are claiming with a brief explanation of how you calculated this (as advised)
                          4 -State that you expect a positive response within 14 days or you will refer the matter to the FOS.

Keep it nice and simple. This should inform them that you are no pushover and know your rights

Comment

Thanks very much ..feeling better about it today and ready for a battle! Will keep you posted chrissie x

Comment

remember - the hard part has been done - they have accepted liabilility. good luck

Comment

Hi all ..thought I would update you ..after many weeks Barclays contacted me today with an offer of £6000! Which by my calculations is correct, denied receiving my original documents! Anyway my total PPI claims are now a total of £52,000! Unbelievable and I am still battling with RBS ...thank you everyone for all the support I have received ..Christine x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X