• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Statutory demand received - WON!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Statutory demand received friday 11th april 2014-by hand!!!

Originally posted by MAR View Post
    Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you all know that I've had a result today and thanks to Kate and her team, a damn FINE result at that! Lowells have today (the day before the hearing), at close of business of course, admitted defeat and the Statutory Demand that was served by hand on my doorstep, has successfully been set aside. WOW. I heard Kate was good but this is an amazing result considering the amount at stake was around 34k. Lowells failed to produce ANY of the requested CCA paperwork at any time. I think they were hoping to use an assumed ignorance on my part, to get them through. Not this time however. I have kept them from my door and taking me to court for the last 6 years. With the help of this wonderful forum and the experienced experts, this has brought my case to a very successful conclusion. Thanks again for all your help, especially my hero Kate. Absolutely incredible. :tinysmile_twink_t2:
    Congratulations Must be a huge weight of your mind :beagle:

Originally posted by Celestine View Post

I do wish they wouldn't leave it so late in the day for settlement though! The barrister was ready to buy his train ticket!
    Be boring if they didn't leave it to the wire :doggieyes:
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Statutory demand received - WON!!

excellent outcome...well done LB.
      am a bit unclear about the SB position tho' as i thought there had to be no acknowledgement of the debt, or offer of payment during the 6 years... Have i misunderstood that ?

Comment

As far as I'm aware there wasn't acknowledgement or payment of the debt within the last years, as well as them not being able to find the credit agreement. The debt became stat barred after they had submitted the stat demand - but as a stat demand doesn't halt the limitations act period - there's pretty much nothing they can do now. The letters sent previously would have stated that no acknowledgement of the debt was made and asked them to evidence it.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Another great result, fab xx

Comment

Re: Statutory demand received friday 11th april 2014-by hand!!!

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
            The barrister was ready to buy his train ticket!
            I hope he got his costs.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X