• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Black Horse Finance.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Horse Finance.

Please Help.....

I took out finance with Blackhorse for £27.864 I now have gone into default with a balance outstanding of £4950-26 I am suffering depression and severe anxiety, Blackhorse have received Debt and Mental health Evidence form from my support worker at Pathways and also my home support worker from Mind which they agreed for me to pay £30.00 a month for 6 months. I paid £50.00 a month due to the fact I was so worried and would pay £20.00 one week 20 another this was before I paid for anything else..... I have started to receive mail saying contact them to sort the outstanding balance, I have replied and stated that on all the medical forms they have about me clearly states I fear to speak on the phone and cannot answer my phone, they are fully aware of my illness and on file proof of this..

I got a visit from a person from Blackhorse without any notice to me. When he said who he was and if he could come in.......I froze and just said yes, he informed me that I was given 6 months to pay £30.00 a month and that had now come to an end he did say I have been paying £20.00 here and £20.00 there but I reminded him that I did stick to the agreement and paid £240.00 more than agreed. His words to me (well I would not have let you have agreement for 6 months 3 only if it was me) this time I was crying and said how much more do u want from me and reminded him that last year my Father offered them £2000 but they refused the offer. The man said to me can we take the car pffffffffff I was so shocked and upset that he had come to my home to take my car and forgot to remind me of my rights. I said no you cannot take my car without a Court order, he asked for my mobile which I gave to him and he said he would call me to see if I can ask family, friends, to clear the outstanding balance. I have herd nothing from them since his visit. I am in total panic got my benefit paid it all to Blackhorse online payment, got my child tax credit paid that online to them. I cannot sleep and panic is with me all the time. I cannot even speak to my support workers about this because I cannot speak to anyone at this time, this is part of my illness. Please any help and advice would gratefully received.
    Tags: None

Re: Black Horse Finance.

Hi and welcome
    I am so sorry to hear of your issues and hope someone can advise you soon on this whom may have this experience.

However, you could maybe make a complaint to the FOS, ask if they will be able to fast track due to your current circumstances, but first write to the business and tell them what undue distress, also inconvenience they have caused you, which has now made your illness a lot worse, and if they do not come to a reasonable outcome of this matter you will have no choice but to take it further, ie: Financial ombudsman service (FOS).

If you do complain to the FOS, as then your case will be in dispute, the business should not really be allowed to bother you, if they do then you make it clear that they will have to stop bothering you as your case is currently in dispute, where they will not have to wait until its resolved.

Meanwhile, maybe others that post up will be able to suggest other ways around this.

Good luck and please keep us posted, stay strong now x

Comment

I did have a case with FOS regarding there charges and Blackhorse did withdraw there charges, but now it is resolved they r hounding me with there letters to contact them knowing full well of my condition, I even informed them by letter they could email me. You here so many times company's inform us if u r in difficulty and we will do r best to help......Blackhorse have been a nightmare even when they have had my medical information. ? Do u think the FOS would take into account my illness and the fact Blackhorse have the evidence they continue to harass me.

Comment

Its definately worth giving the FOS a ring to explain the situation.

Another thought as well, maybe you could also contact your local MP, as they should be more than willing to help you. Explain your situation to them and about your illness and also ask if they will write to them on your behalf, that may also help.

Maybe your MP could write/email the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of BH, but you could also email the CEO as well if you wish and explain your situation to them and about the way his business are treating you x

Comment

Thank you so much Di30 I will contact my local MP and also email CEO.......I did write another letter to BH, after the man from BH, said he would text me but did not. I explained in my letter I am doing my best to clear this debt, but like all the other letters sent to them by recorded delivery they do not reply to me. I have prepared myself for court papers to come through my door. I cannot even begin to explain Di how unwell this is making me and this car is the only thing I have left to remind me of the person I was and how hard I worked with a positive attitude, happy, people person, loved life, and now I live in fear everyday with so many emotions thoughts and feelings.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X