• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Idem Capital Securities vs MadMac (Court Claim)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Idem Capital Securities vs MadMac (Court Claim)

Thank you M1,

Your link was very helpful.

Comment

Ok,

I have to make a move this week basically as my deadline is approaching.

I'd like to attempt the route of an unless order but I would prefer not to atttend a hearing as I work fixed shifts (leave is built in and cannot be changed.) I also have 2 young children to care for when I'm not at work. Plus I'm not the worlds best speaker (better at writing.) Also the cost of a hearing is prohibitive.

I've started drafting a defence just to keep my options open but will only use this as a last resort over the above option.

What are the consequences of an application for an order being rejected? (Obvioulsly my defence deadline will have passed.)

I'm very aware that the clock is ticking.

Thanks
      Last edited by MadMac; 28th April 2014, 08:53:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

The consequences of the application going wrong without a hearing could be that the judge rules against your application. If this happens he will give a new date for filing a defence but not an unless order for disclosure and you will get no costs. The opponent would have no costs as they wouldn't be at the hearing.

A judge can give judgement against you at this point however i would be astounded if that happened at a without hearing application as there can be no way that the merits of any possible defence can be known or tested.

A good application should succeed but if a judge starts to wander you can't redirect them and it's easier to go off piste when you don't have to look someone in the eye. This is especially true of a judge who has a "filthy debtor" mindset.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          This is especially true of a judge who has a "filthy debtor" mindset.

M1
          I don't know what you mean M1, judges are impartial and rely only on the facts don't they?

Earlswood solicitors have now received 2 CPR 31.14 requests by post and I have emailed them and Idem Servicing today for good measure. - No reply to anything!

I'm just about to finish the N244 docs and they'll be going off by special delivery.

A couple of things.. I presume the draft order and witness statement need my local court address in the top left NOT Northampton?

Do I need to copy any of the N244 request to the Claimant?

Thanks

Comment

I don't know what you mean M1, judges are impartial and rely only on the facts don't they?
            Allegedly.

I presume the draft order and witness statement need my local court address in the top left NOT Northampton?
            Leave as Northampton.

Do I need to copy any of the N244 request to the Claimant?
            Not really although good manners. In fact it's always good to ask the opponent to consent to it but unsual that any would consent to an order that binds them to severe consequences like a strike out.

M1

Comment

Once the N244 docs are in the post, do I just phone the court and ask to pay the application fee?

Comment

Yes, but make sure payment arrives first to avoid any complications.

M1

Comment

Right, the N244 bundle was sent by special delivery yesterday and will be with the court by 1pm today. I've just phoned the court and made the payment.

I feel like a weight's been lifted even at this stage.

Fingers and toes are all crossed.

Just to be clear, I don't have to update my case on the MCOL website in any way do I?

Many thanks for your assistance so far!

Comment

No you needn't do anything with MCOL. Just wait now to hear from the court regarding next steps.

The Court will note receipt of the application and that would be a barr to the claimants entering default judgment.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Update...

I have received a reply to my email from Earlswood Solicitors which I sent first thing on the 28th and as they didn't reply all day I sent the N244 at the end of day. 3 days later they have decided to reply asking for an extension of 2 weeks to find the docs.

This is what they have written...

"Our Client has requested documentation as you have requested and we have
                      been advised that this can take 2 weeks to receive. We will hold further
                      proceedings until we are
                      in receipt of the documentation."

What should I do now? Obviously the N244 is with the court.

Your thoughts please?

Thanks
                      Last edited by MadMac; 30th April 2014, 13:56:PM. Reason: gramma

Comment

Ignore them. The hearing will be after this anyway.

M1

Comment

It's been just over a month since I submitted my applictation to the court and I haven't heard a thing back.

I haven't even had a confirmation letter from the court.

Can somebody let me know if this is normal please or what the usual timescales are?

Thanks

Comment

The court are a mystery. I'd phone them and check.

M1

Comment

Update...

I phoned the court and was told that it was still being processed. That was over a month ago now and I still haven't heard anything.

Today I received a letter from Arden dated 27th June stating that Wescot credit services will be collecting on behalf of Idem Servicing and that if I dont want this to happen I should call within 5 days. (clever with their dates!)

I don't have a clue where I stand now? - Is court still on the cards?

Are they allowed to do this?

Any advice would be appreciated at this point please?

Comment

I've just phoned the court and it's been passed to the DJ for the last month according to the court assistant. They've put a query on my file as to why it's taking so long.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X