• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Brighthouse – a necessary evil?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brighthouse – a necessary evil?

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

Actually I think BHF test electrical goods before putting them on sale. Their prices have gone up but still much cheaper than new.

If I am right, I think ALL second hand goods shops MUST test electrical equiptment before selling it.

We tried to get Brighthouse credit when we were broke..

1: they wanted a full bank statement with nothing obliterated (including who you were paying) but would not set up a DD.
    2: They wanted reciepts for the past 6 shops I had done as I said food for 5 (including baby milk) was "about £150"
    3: They rang me constantly for a week as I didn't have proof I got Child Benefit (despite attending the shop with 3 kids) and even rang me screaming down the phone while I was in my local tesco trying to do my shopping cos, "Your Child Benefit letter runs out in 3 days!!"

my sister had got credit (no idea how) and if she is 1 day late with a payment they ring her every 20 mins until she attends the store, in advance or not!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
      TJ Hughes is " proper" renting but think they only operate in East Anglia.
      I have just recommended them to a friend and when they have an account up and running we both get vouchers to spend in the shop.
      TJ Hughes? That used to be a department store, at least down here in the "Far East". I often went there. It went into administration a couple of years ago if I remember correctly. They didn't rent anything. :noidea:

Comment

[

Sorry, senior moment ! Ment Hughes (electrical) Now amended :sorry:

QUOTE=FlamingParrot;424937]TJ Hughes? That used to be a department store, at least down here in the "Far East". I often went there. It went into administration a couple of years ago if I remember correctly. They didn't rent anything. :noidea:[/QUOTE]
        Last edited by dogtired; 10th April 2014, 03:44:AM.
        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X