• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Litigants In person

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Litigants In person

Worth having a read.
    http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/liti...040663.article

Sparkie
    Tags: None

Re: Litigants In person

There are, no doubt, many litigants in person who are useless and clog up the court system. There are also several lawyers that do not perform their cpr 1.3 duties and clog up the system. Drydens and Restons are famous for not even having a person signing the claim forms. Rachel Ledson (parking eye) will not disclose documents even upon court orders.

This is not a one way street here. Some of the LIP behaviour stems from the opponent acting like the LIP is shit on their shoe and not doing their own job in a fashion which moves the claim along and makes the dispute clearer and less time consuming in court.

The Jackson reforms were not the result of LIPs or those legal professionals who perform in accordance with the rules and spirit of the rules. They were the result of bad practices within legal circles. Funnily enough the article doesn't address this.

M1

Comment

Sir John said the courts were starting to find ways to address the problem of litigants in person.
      Say's it all really, not justice just problems.

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
        Sir John said the courts were starting to find ways to address the problem of litigants in person.
        Say's it all really, not justice just problems.

I can imagine there are many hopeless LIPs so it's right to address that. It's the useless litigators not getting any attention that annoys me.

There will be cases where the LIP is better prepared for a case than a legal team.

M1

Comment

Trojan Horse.

Use a genuine problem (those LIP's who are a waste of space), as a vehicle to attack something else entirely (those LIP's who are genuine, but who really should be paying us huge fees).

Comment

I'm a plumbing and heating engineer by trade and I am often asked what I feel about diy'ers. I usually say that in general if they are unsure they will generally go out and educate themselves as opposed to some of the qualified people who already feel they know everything so are never be open to new ideas and influences. Do you think that this though could be applied in this instance? It certainly seems like it to me when LIP's see something that is blatantly wrong and the professionals say I know but what does it matter, its been like it for years.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X