• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Papers Received - Civil Enforcement Ltd - Help requested please -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Papers Received - Civil Enforcement Ltd - Help requested please -

Hello to all and thanks for taking the time to read this.

Yes, I am another unhappy person who CEL have been hounding and yesterday Court Papers were waiting for me when I arrived home from work.

Not knowing what to do I started googling and came across this site and have just registered. I have though spent most of the morning reading threads and have already gleamed some advice.

Using this advice I have sent via e-mail (and received receipt confirmation back) registering acknowledgement of service and that I intend to fight the claim. I have also e-mailed Steve Murrells ( it was a CO-OP car park) a fairly stiff e-mail . I await a response in relation to this.

In the meantime I'm wondering if anyone could help me with preparing the defence on form N9B (defence and counterclaim) as I intend to fight this all the way and not give into these parasites at CEL.

If you could also advise what you'd need me to post up here.

I would very much appreciate it.
    Tags: None

Re: County Court Papers Received - Civil Enforcement Ltd - Help requested please -

The POC on the N1 redacted of any personal information and a brief outline of the event would assist.

Comment

Re: County Court Papers Received - Civil Enforcement Ltd - Help requested please -

I think you have done enough to get rid of this by contacting the Co-op.

A defence will be similar to http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...273#post420273 but adding in this case http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...ally-turn.html would be about right.

You can get the 2nd guide http://www.parking-prankster.com/court-claim.html for free which details legal arguments and ,if you want, pay £3 or so for the other practical guide.

Like i say though, contacting the Co-op should suffice and you've already done it.

M1

Comment

Hi , thanks for the replies .

Hopefully contacting the CO-OP will suffice but I'd like to be prepared with a defence.

I'll check out the links suggested and post up details as suggested later today.

Thanks once again

Comment

Hi

Had a bit of a problem with the internet so couldn't upload yesterday but the claim is below.

The basics are that the car was parked in the car park , the car park being pretty much empty at the time ,the store was visited and items purchased and the local Indian restaurant was visited.

I do have a couple of questions as well but I know these 'people' trawl these sites and I'm unsure as to what I can ask or say without giving much away or them identifying me . I do believe though that I have an ACE card and although I know I will have to disclose the bones of it to them in a defence and the full details in the witness statement I don't want to give them to much time.

However ,i guess the following questions are fairly innocuous so..

How accurate is the ANPR ( or as they've spelled it APNR) and how often does it have to be calibrated?
          Do they have to keep all records for a set period of time and not only of the ones they are trying to extort ( allegedly) money out of ?
          Attached Files

Comment

is this the same as the CAG thread regarding CO=OP Parking etc

Comment

Hi Mike770

I'm not sure what thread you mean but I would maybe think it could be . I've tried to search for CAG on here but cannot find it. Would you mind putting a link to it please.

Comment

Yesterday 15:30
                ericsbrother

Re: County Court Claim from Civil Enforcement Limited

You must get the acknowledgemnt of service back to them by tues and then you have time to get your defence in after that. there are things that you have mentioned that dont add up to a full puicture so come back here and clarify a couple of points if you can, ie did you park in the car park? Are you a mamber of the Co-Op? timings of the letters sent to you.

Comment

Thanks for the link which I've now looked at.

No this is not the same thread, I'm not a member of CAG , only received my papers 5th April and in North East not Norfolk. I've already sent the Acknowledgement of Service via e-mail Saturday as instructed on the quidence forms and had e-mail acknowledgement reply as stated above. Sorry I thought you meant is this along a similar vein.

However, it is very interesting that the wording of the particulars of the claim is pretty much exactly the same as the one I've received ,save for the spelling of ANPR and the date of the 'event' which was in May 2013 in my case. I'm guessing they use the same format for each.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X