• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

URGENT HELP PLEASE: Arrow Global County court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE: Arrow Global County court claim

Ok actual defence used earlier in thread - generic template embarrassed defence.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 30th April 2014, 21:26:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

All the letter said was the judge has considered the statements of case and questionnaires filed and allocated the claim to the small claims track.

A hearing fee of £335.00 is payable by 15 May by the claimant unless a counterclaim for a fee concession, failure to pay will result in the hearing being removed from the list - will be refunded if case is settled or discontinued before hearing date. Each party to deliver to the court office all documents on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 13 June 2014. The original docs to be brought to the hearing.

Each party must include with the docs filed and served written statements of his or her own evidence and that of any witnesses.

The court may decide not to take in to account a document or the evidence of a party or witness if these instructions have not been complied with.

Costs in the case.

Then it goes on about case being suitable for mediation.

Comment

Third from last para should read directions not instructions - sorry :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Thanks Amethyst and sorry if I am being a bit thick but do you think that the case will be stayed or struck out?

Thanks

Comment

Come on, somebody answer him... I'm interested too

Comment

By the way gmleo "I am a lady"!!!! :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

It depends what the claimants do really, impossible to know at this stage.

Documents should be exchanged and submitted to court because by 13th June '''Each party to deliver to the court office all documents on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 13 June 2014. The original docs to be brought to the hearing.'''
                so that's good but nothing specific ordered.

We'll need to sort out a list of what documents you have, don't have and do a witness statement based on things as they stand. We know the defence isn't brilliant but the basics are in there, so we have a few weeks to go through everything. I'll also have a good re read tmw of the thread and suss out what issues we might have.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks Amethyst, much appreciated xx

Comment

I have realised that we are on holiday on the date of the hearing, should I phone the court or do you think it unlikely that they would rearrange it for another date?

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzy View Post
                      I have realised that we are on holiday on the date of the hearing, should I phone the court or do you think it unlikely that they would rearrange it for another date?
                      Sorry to pester you Amethyst but what would you recommend?

Comment

I think you'd need to give the court a call and tell them and ask if it can be moved, then you'll know where you stand.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Brill, thank you Amethyst :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Hi Amethyst

I have attached a letter I received from Arrow Global 6 May, please could you suggest what I should do?
                            Attached Files

Comment

I would bear in mind this letter from the judge

''A hearing fee of £335.00 is payable by 15 May by the claimant unless a counterclaim for a fee concession, failure to pay will result in the hearing being removed from the list - will be refunded if case is settled or discontinued before hearing date. Each party to deliver to the court office all documents on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 13 June 2014. The original docs to be brought to the hearing.''

and wonder why they are so keen to give you such a lovely discount if they have such a good case against you. You have until the 21st May to decide whether you want to negotiate with them to pay off the debt at £50 a month. I'd see if they file the hearing fee first as it is due tomorrow. If they don't pay it that doesn't mean your home dry, just that would indicate they are relying on you settling before any further outlay on court proceedings.

They reference your letter dated 31st March - was there a letter or just your filing of your defence?

Did you speak with the court about the hearing date clashing with your holiday ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

The letter dated 31st March was my CCA request, yes I received an email from the court and they needed evidence of my booking for our holiday which I sent to them and I haven't heard anything more.

Would it be worth my while phoning the court after 15th May to find out if they have paid the court fee?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X