• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Walker-Love again!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walker-Love again!!

Hi folks, arrived home today to a letter stating they have made an appointment to deliver a "legal document" from a Sheriffs Officer.

I presume (after reading threads on here) that they are trying to issue me with a Statutory Demand for debt(s) resulting from an old Lloyd account (2009 defaults). I will be at work on their "appointment" will I just wait until they catch me in or should I ring them?

How likely are they to proceed with court proceedings? I am just getting my life - and finances - back on track and am gutted to be hit with this.
    Tags: None

Re: Walker-Love again!!

I can't sleep! can't believe I've let them get to me!!

Comment

Hi , really try not to worry, the SD can be batted back to them by completing the denial slip. Someone else has had the same today too so support each others threads, there's also a few others who have been dealing with Walker Love so have a read of their threads too... hopefully that will set your mind at ease a little xx Tmw ring them and ask to change the appt.- don't discuss the ''debt'' at all, just service of the stat demand.

Also tmw send a cca request to Lowell ( guessing it is from them?) ... is the debt a loan / card or overdraft do you think, and approx how much ?

Read here > http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...y-of-Agreement
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi, Thanks for your comments! I have read through the other threads and that has put my mind at ease a bit, but i'm still not sleeping :tinysmile_aha_t:

Yeah, I presume it is from Lowell, I think they have clubbed together an overdraft and loan totalling around £13k. An ex partner ran up debts all online, but in my name. I have already paid a heavy price with the defaults on my credit report.

I can't find any evidence of them successfully winning a court case - have they? Or is this perhaps a scare tactic as the debt is reaching the 5 year Statute Barred limit??

Comment

Probably a scare tactic, a stat demand doesn't stop the clock on time barring , only a court claim can do that .. do you recall exactly when you last acknowledged this\these debts ?

I know someone else was stressing about the impending arrival of the stat demand so arranged to go pick it up from Walker Loves offices , bit extreme but got it over and done with xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi, I am starting to think that it is a scare tactic from reading around on the web. It was around May/June 2009 that any payments were made, perhaps earlier, when the relationship broke up. I certainly wont be picking up the forms, but I will arrange a suitable time for them to "service".

I will also update here as the whole thing progresses, reading the threads has been a help to me, so hopefully I can provide that to others.

Congratulatons on a great site!!!

Comment

You dont need to worry even if a Statutory Demand is served on you as it is easily denied!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottishSolicitor View Post
                You dont need to worry even if a Statutory Demand is served on you as it is easily denied!
                Thanks, as a scare tactic, it is actually quite effective - you have to give them credit for that!!

Comment

I have now been served with the statutory demand, however, they have given me two copies? Is this normal. Same reference numbers etc. I presume that I only need to send one denial slip, and it should be sent to Lowell and not BW Legal??

Comment

I wouldn't say normal, but they gave someone else two last week, same reference and everything, served by two servers at the same time, very odd. I believe he was sending one denial to Lowell and one to BW Legal.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

It seems BW legal have followed the same process with me as in other threads. They have ignored my denial form and sent a letter saying that they are going to pursue sequestration. Letter is not signed (i.e. it has an electronic signature).

I sent a CCA request to Lowells via recorded delivery to which I have had no reply.

I am thinking that I now need to send Lowells a letter saying that they have failed the CCA request and then a letter to BW with the evidence that I sent the denial slip? Am I right?!?!?

Comment

Can anyone help - should I ignore BW's latest, obviously automatic response.

Comment

Originally posted by 44man View Post
                          Can anyone help - should I ignore BW's latest, obviously automatic response.
                          I just sent them an email showing proof of receipts from the denial slip and CCA request. I got a letter a couple of days later saying they will TRY and get the info of Lloyds.,they only acknowledged the CCA request and made no mention of denial slip. That's been a couple of weeks now and I have heard nothing more from them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X