• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is now the time to move in on DCA's for wrongful defaults???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is now the time to move in on DCA's for wrongful defaults???

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
    A defalult notice is only required when the creditor terminates the account, in the case of A VT the agreement is teminiated by the hirer

Morning all.

Thanks for clearing that up Andy. but I had athought while cycling into work this morning.

the way the callcredit file reads is :-
    green upto May
    Default in June-Sept.
    VT in Oct.

So in theory they defualted me 5 months before the V.T. and therefore I should have expected a default notice!

Or am I being too simplistic?

the truth is I V.T'd in June owing no money.

Comment

The default notice under te CCA is a different thing to the default record on your credit file. A default on your credit file is a record of payment(or none payment), a default notice under the CCA is a warning of impending termination(via the creditor) of the contract prior to court action.

Did you have a period before you terminated where you were in arrears ?

Comment

The default notice under te CCA is a different thing to the default record on your credit file. A default on your credit file is a record of payment(or none payment), a default notice under the CCA is a warning of impending termination(via the creditor) of the contract prior to court action.

No all payments were on time. and I paid a lump sum when I terminated the agreement to bring it upto the 50%

the record jumps straight from ok marker to default the following month.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickmaudib View Post
          No all payments were on time. and I paid a lump sum when I terminated the agreement to bring it upto the 50%

the record jumps straight from ok marker to default the following month.
          I think I would send a complaint to the data controller of the company involved in the first instance, see what excuse they give, you could copy it to the ICO.

How long did they take to remedy the error after you reported it ?

Comment

A quick update for my case:

I wrote a polite letter to the DCA requesting their proposals to remedy and after 3 weeks received no reply.
            I have now sent a letter before action to the data controller with a further deadline of 14 days.
            Just sit and wait time now.

Comment

This does not give the right to a DCA who has bought the debt to then set a default marker on your file! You can only be defaulted on a debt once.

An account I have in dispute has recently become statute barred and has a wrongful default on it. Time to see if my chums 1st Crud remove it; what's the betting they blank my letter? :colbert:

Comment

My case's 8 week deadline expired on good Friday and the solicitors dealing with it on befalf of Motonovo Finance begged me for a 2 week extension to take the pressure off them!!!

I agreed in the end. However they have asked for yet another raft of evidence for the losses I've incurred (approx 7-9 thousand over 2 years) apparently it takes 2 months to ask for this! I asked the solicitor "did it matter as I was going to be going for (unspecified damage to credit worthiness) as per Durkin vs HFC & DSG"

He still wanted the information so he could go back to his client with the best guidance for them.

So it's still a waiting game. they have had this complaint for 8 weeks and he maintains that Motonovo are still investigating the incorrect default marker.

should be interesting.

Comment

Long time without updates from me, but huge thanks must go to Paul at Howlett Clarke for dealing with Lowell on my behalf.
                  Following discussions with Lowell an amicable conclusion has been met although they did drag their feet right to last.

THANKS PAUL

Comment

Really interested in this, as I have an issue re Lowells placing defaults on my file for debts which are and have been statute barred since October 2013.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X