• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northern rock loan problems!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern rock loan problems!

Hi
    looking for some help if possible.

I will try and keep it as short as possible.
    I took out a loan of 8000 with Northern rock on 16th Jan 2007
    i paid the next 6 instalments up until 29th June 2007
    after this I missed the next couple of months payments,which lead them to try and get me to set up an instalment plan.
    And then it all went quite!!
    Didn't hear from them for years,then different agencies try to get in touch,
    Arc Europe,Mortimer,Nram and recently Marlin and now Restons.

The most recent letter is from Restons which is a claim form giving me a few options stamped from Northamton county court stating I owe 18295!

My question is,where do I stand now?

I am aware that I should have been responsible with my payments,but with them leaving it with no correspondence for year,I had just put it all on the back boiler so to speak.

I cannot remember signing any documents for the loan
    and with this now being over the 6 years since my last payment I have read that the loan could be cancelled?

i have got up until the 29th of this month to put my counter claim in.
    Would really appreciate any help you could give me
    cheers
    Mikey
    Tags: None

Re: Northern rock loan problems!

Would the loan now be entitled to the statute barred rule?
    as usual with stuff like this,I have left it until last minute to sort out!!! And now I'm panicking!!!!

Comment

Has anyone got any input on this,would be much appreciated

Comment

I have now extended the proceedings for another 14 days
        just noticed this thread has been viewed 104 times,does anyone have any views on it at all?
        i have since emailed Restons regarding statue barred and also for a cca request

is this the correct path to go down? I would really appreciate any input on this as I am a complete novice when it comes to this sort of thing.
        Cheers
        Alan

Comment

Hi Mikey, sorry to have missed your posts, god knows how we've managed that.... not sure what the other 104 people were doing

Okay so to recap;

You've had a court claim from Northern Rock for a loan originally £8k claiming for £18k approx
          You've acknowledged the claim on line
          You've sent a CCA request ? Have you sent this by post with a £1 or just the email ?
          You've emailed the claimants to say you think it is statute barred - have you entered any thing with the court other than the acknowledgement and the extension ?

Have you sent a CPR 31.14 request to Restons ?

You've asked them for an extension of time to file your defence, presumably as they haven't yet sent you any information asked for ?

You last paid /acknowledged the debt in / around June 2007 so it could possibly be statute barred.

Could you type up the particulars of claim please.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi
            Thanks for your reply.
            I have sent the cca request via email
            i have only been in contact with the courts on line to extend the proceedings.

I have not sent a CPR (not sure what this is)

i have had no info from the courts regarding the claim.
            Im not sure what I am supposed to do once the extention is up.

What other info would you need?
            thankyou for your advice in advance.

Comment

Can I ask what would happen if I do not put my defence into the courts on time?

Comment

Just checked,I have until Friday to put my case forward.

Comment

Just checked on experian and I have a new alert,according to this,it states my current balance is settled?

New Alert 130 March 2014
                  Addition or deletion of a credit account by MARLIN FINANCIAL SERVICES
                  Hide

Name:

Address:
                  Date of birth:

Company name:
                  MARLIN FINANCIAL SERVICES Who's this?
                  Account type:
                  LOAN
                  Started:
                  11/01/2007
                  Current balance:
                  Settled
                  Settled on:
                  16/04/2008
                  File updated to:
                  09/03/2014
                  Status history:
                  [] brackets indicate most recent months status
                  [ ] What's this?

sorry to bombard with all of these questions.

Comment

Hi Mikey,

Any chance you can type up the particulars of the claim and share them here please? They will help us to advise you. (You'll find them on the claim form you received - the one stamped by Northampton)

In the meantime, it's worth you taking a look at this post - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...aim&highlight= Amethyst has provided useful links explaining about the CPR request and also the process for defending the claim.

I'd get a copy of that CCA request out to them in the post tomorrow, along with the £1 stat charge.

Also, have you heard anything back re any of your information requests over the past couple of days? Just so we know what stage proceedings are at and how best to guide you.

Cheers,
                    I am a Paralegal Consultant.

This means I am not a Solicitor/Barrister/Advocate. I work in Legal Services, however I cannot offer services which are defined as "Reserved Legal Activities" under the Legal Services Act 2007.

Anything posted here should be taken as opinion or general information, not legal advice. It is not possible for me to offer legal advice based on the limited details which can be posted on an open forum. Where possible, I will offer guidance and relevant information, but neither myself nor my practice can be held liable for events resulting from actions taken based on information or opinion shared here.

Comment

The particulars of claim say

the claimant claims payment of the over due balance due from the defendant(s) under a contract between the defendant(s) and Northern rock(asset management) plc dated on or about 11/012007 and assigned to the claimant on 24/08/2013 in the sum of 18295.20.

i have heard nothing back from them since sending the cca request and the statue barred emails.

Comment

Hmmmm. You are claiming the debt is statute barred as the last payment/acknowledgement you made was June 2007. That settled date on your credit file is coincidentally just inside the 6 years - 16/4/2008 - makes it so it would be stat barred on 16/4/2014 .

Marlin Financial Services will be the claimant on the claim form ? Their solicitors are Restons.

What is the actual date on the claim form ?
                        (because you acknowledged the claim with the court you have 28 days from the date you receive it so basically calculate the issue date of the form plus 33 days to get the deadline)
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The issue date on the claim form is the 10th march 2014

Comment

Yes the claimant is marlin capital Europe ltdand restons are the solicitors.

Comment

Can I ask what it means by the settled date on my credit file?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X