• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Got a Query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Query

Hi
    About 3 years ago I had a letter from Monument who I was paying a debt back to via a DMP to say my debt had been passed on and to wait for a DCA to contact me (they did not say who it was )capquest surfaced so I sent a Prove it, letter ping pong happened for a few weeks all went quiet
    Then another DCA sent a letter cant remember who it was so I wrote to Monument to ask who they had sold to .
    They stated they had never passed to Capquest and asked me to forward all letters they had sent to me I did not hear anything again until February of this year when SRJ sent me a get in touch to arrange a suitable payment I ignored them.
    Yesterday they sent a letter headed PENDING LITIGATION PROCEEDINGS I am a little bemused they have sent this letter so soon it also states Jefferson Capital International have asked them to act on this debt never heard from them and no idea who they are.
    I have ignored letters sent because if Monument have no idea who is collecting I am certainly not going to pay any DCA that comes along.
    So do I send a Prove It letter at this stage or is it just hot air again
    Tags: None

Re: Got a Query

Have you checked your Credit Files to see if this debt exists on there? If you were on a DMP why were they writing to you instead of who was adminstering your plan?

Comment

Hi
      The DMP was self managed which Monument were ok with then I just got a letter to say they were not collecting any more and no I have not checked it only had a freebie month last September but I cant remember if it was on there all I had was 3 marking it as poor which was ARROW, LLOYDS and LOWELL

Comment

You could join one of the others for a months trial - just don't forget to cancel before the month is up. Noddle is free and initially lags but I found it soon caught up.

Comment

Thanks ploddertom
          Just Bumping for some more suggestions:bump2:

Comment

Anyone:bump2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X