• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking on dropped kerb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking on dropped kerb

Hi
    Just received notification that I have been served with penalty charge notice after acting as a good samaritan for a friend,

Here is the story - I was asked by a friend who suffers from acute multiple sclerosis to take him to the florists in town to buy flowers for his wife. He was recovering from a bad fall and broken limb so was barely able to walk, only with a zimmerframe.

On arrival, no-where near to park - but opposite florists, there was space but overlapping dropped kerb by no more than 1 metre. My friend had his blue badge and displayed this in the front window of car. Decided the only way I would be able to get him to florists was to park there and help him in / out of car.

We were in the florists for no more than 10 mins and on return I had been served with ticket. I appealed to the local council who in turn have served the penalty.

Do you think i have any chance of getting this fine lifted?

KEN
    Tags: None

Re: Parking on dropped kerb

BB holders are not exempt from parking on a dropped kerb. There is a boarding/alighting exemption which includes, as in your case, assisted boarding/alighting. However this does not include shopping. Did you mention this in your informal appeal?

What was the observation period from... to.... on the PCN?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X