• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Does it come in criminal record and will it affect on my visa extension?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it come in criminal record and will it affect on my visa extension?

Hi All

First of all I feel very ashamed and sorry. I will never do it again, I learnt a big lesson today.

I'm a student in UK, today I went to boots and stole 1 makeup item, I seriously do not know what happened to me on that why I did that. he caught me and took to the room, after few minutes they called the police. Police took all my details and said they will not fined me because I did it first time and warned me if I do it again they will arrest me, they didn't fined me ( £80). but Thames Valley Police gave me one piece of paper it called ''proportionate Investigation Declaration'' where they put my Name, date of Birth, Address, and took my signature, does it come into criminal Record?
    if in future i need police clearance certificate will they mention this incident on there?

But Boots store banned me and they fined me £87 pounds.

could anybody please let me know :
    1. Does it come under criminal record?
    2. will it affect my visa extension because I am going to extend my visa next month
    3. shall I have to write 'Yes' in my visa application column where they ask about 'criminal record'.
    4. what is Proportionate Investigation Declaration means? they put all my details and took my signature and give me 1 copy and keep the original one.?
    5. if in future I will apply any job shall I have to mention this incident and will it affect to my job status?

Please help me, I am really worried and feel sorry for that mistake which I did.
    Many Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Does it come in criminal record and will it affect on my visa extension?

Simple cautions do form part of an offender’s criminal record and may be used in future proceedings and in certain circumstances, may be made available to an employer as part of a criminal record check. Offenders must be made aware of this before agreeing to accept a simple caution. However, it would be foolish not to disclose this when applying to extend your Visa, you must document this on your application but I doubt it would have as negative effect as you fear. In the main it is only a criminal conviction that would prevent your visa extension.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

How can Boots fine anyone £87?

Comment

Retail Loss Prevention my dear ostell, plenty of threads about it here
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Formal cautions for Indictable Offences must be administered by a police officer not below the rank of Inspector, the defendant must admit the offence and they are normally undertaken within the confines of a police station. This is contained within the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984.

As to what a Proportionate Investigation Declaration is, I would be inclined to ask Thames Valley Police to explain what this is and from what legislation they draw their authority for them. If they fob you off or do not provide a satisfactory explanation, I would be inclined to ask the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) to look into it. As you will have seen in the mainstream media, Greater Manchester Police are currently under investigation and I can tell you that Durham Constabulary are also under investigation, though for completely separate matters.

Boots have no power in law to fine anyone. Are you sure it wasn't a company named RLP (Retail Loss Prevention)? If it was Boots, who "fined" you?
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I was just questioning the statement. As RLP would write a letter then "fining"on the same day is perhaps strange. Or has the OP just been issued with a letter saying he has to pay the money?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X