• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoplifting at Primark - Lodge Security

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifting at Primark - Lodge Security

Hello everyone, thanks in advance for yout help;
    I'm Alex, I'm 20 years old, I'm from Italy but I've been travelling through Europe; I'm in London right now, and I'm not gonna lie and I will be honest, I'm in a lack of money and I needed clothes for the cold weather of Ireland, so I tried to shoplift at primarck, and I went over my head, I was caught with several items, 5 or 6, worth an aproximate total of 60 pounds or so, also, they found in my backpack some socks I had stole from Gap in the morning;
    They caught me in the entrance and brought me to a little room downstairs ad 4 of them beat me pretty hard, legs and head, I actually told them that beating me was surely illegal.
    Anyhow they threatened me with calling the police, and with prison, months or even a year, and I got scared; in the end they simply called my parents to verify my home address, telling them that I had lost my wallet and ID.
    They told me that they would send me a letter home and a fine.
    What do I have to do now? How much the fine would be?
    there's a way I could change the address for the mail so my parents wouldn't receive it?
    What would the police actually have done to me?
    I must pay the fine or I have other options (obviously with the police and some work agreement or so) ?
    Bringing the police in this could keep me from travelling? Could I go in Ireland? Would I have to go back in Italy?

Sorry for all the questions but I really don't know what to do,
    Thank you,
    Alex
    Tags: None

Re: Shoplifting at Primark - Lodge Security

Hi Alex,

I hope you are not too traumatised after your series of events. You say that 4 security officers beat you hard and caused you severe discomfort for stealing from the store in which they operate and then phoned your family to say that you had lost your I.D . That Alex is terrible behaviour from 4 law abiding operatives. Did you go to the Police and inform them that you had just been assaulted? I'm sure with the modern technology today, that these culprits would feel the full arm of the law..

Comment

Re: Shoplifting at Primark - Lodge Security

They caught me in the entrance and brought me to a little room downstairs ad 4 of them beat me pretty hard, legs and head, I actually told them that beating me was surely illegal.
      It is a criminal offence - what a very disturbing post.

Do you have any evidence of this attack?

Did you see a doctor?

Or take any photographs of your injuries?

Did you report the attack to the police?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X