• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aktiv Kapital letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aktiv Kapital letter

Hi,
    I received a letter this morning from Aktiv Kapital relating to a debt with Varde Experto? the debt is for £2768.43. I pay the companies I owe money to and have never missed a payment in over eight years since I stopped working. When ill health forced me to end my career I negotiated with all the companies I owed money to the only one that refused to negotiate was one credit card company. I never paid them or had any contact with them that was over eight years ago so that debt would be statute barred.

I have no idea what this debt is as it does not match the amount owed for any of the debts I have been paying. I am wondering if it is MBNA if it is I have been paying them for eight years and I have never been informed they sold the debt the debt is also over £1000 more than I owed.
    The letter says "we have an account for Mr ****** .This relates to an outstanding balance with Varde Experto.We have been provided with the above address through public databases an we therefore believe that you are the customer and that this is the correct address for our account". They have my name on the letter and the correct address.

If it is MBNA it could mean I have been paying them for a debt they have sold on. I moved 4 years ago and never told the companies I owe money to as I cannot find the paperwork but I continued to pay them. None of them have ever contacted me even if they sent letters to my old address I would still get them as we only moved half a mile and we have the same postman as the old address.

Not sure what to do about this I am worried other debts may have been sold on and I am paying the wrong people.The only way I can get them to contact me would be to stop payments on all the debts and hopefully they will contact me.
    Tags: None

Re: Aktiv Kapital letter

They are on a phishing trip. You may are may not be the person they are after. It may be someone with a similar name. Personally I would wait on their next threatogram to see if they come up with more information. If and when they do this your first step will be to send them a CCA request to see if they have proof that a debt exists and they have a legal right to collect it.

Comment

ODC is right. What I do know is that Aktiv/Experto/Varde accounts and assignments are in a total mess, so if they do satisfy your CCA request let us know and we can probably help with what to do next.

QCK

Comment

Thanks for the replies.I am going to ignore the letter and see what happens.I have an uncommon surname and they have spelt it correctly so I doubt it is someone with a similar surname.I have never had any dealings with Varde Experto I do not have a clue who the original debt was with before the aforementioned company.I hope I am still paying the right people.

Comment

I ignored their last letter and received another this morning.As I said I am paying all my debts but one who refused to negotiate at all and were quite belligerent. I have had no contact with that debt for over eight years so it would be statute barred.I have stopped payments on the other debts because I am worried I am paying the wrong people and the debts have been sold on.None of them have contacted me for over 4 years. Hopefully they will now get in touch and I will know if the payments are going to the right people.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X