• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice - Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice - Scotland

Hi,
    I received a PCN from Civil Enforcement Ltd, £60-£100 for 12 minute over stay in the car park. I'm not denying I stayed longer, albeit accidentally. As it was around 5pm when I left and the shops were closing their reasons for the capped time period for parking ie to keep spaces clear for shoppers, is invalid in this case.

In respects of rejecting the PCN, the small print refers to 'England and Wales' but doesn't give any information about what to do should you receive the PCN in Scotland. I've read many of the posts and understand that PCN's in any case are unlawful and cannot be enforced by this company.

I would prefer not to ignore the charge, perhaps I should? So what advice am I asking for?
    - Should I write to them asking for POPLA, which only applies to England and Wales?
    - Should I write asking what is the procedure in Scotland should I follow if I want to challenge their notice, as there is no information referring to this in their paperwork?
    - Should I ignore it, do they have any jurisdiction in Scotland - and plead ignorance of receiving any said notice?
    Any other suggestion would be appreciated

I think I may also drop a letter to Next, Costa Coffee, M&S, Pet World and New Look to ask if they are happy that whilst shoppers spend money in their shops, are they aware that parasites in the way of CEL are praying off their customers.

I'm disappointed that the DVLA gave out my personal details, to this company, I thought it was only the police who could ask for this information.

If CEL want to make money, they should up front and honest, install ticket machine's so people are aware what the deal is.

Sorry for the elongated email - and thanks for your help in anticipation. Roadster

Re: Parking Charge Notice - Scotland

If they do not know who the driver is, in Scotland, ignoring is the way to go. PoFA does not apply so there is no keeper liability.

Never admit who was driving and they're stuck.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X