• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default advice needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default advice needed please

Hi to all of you,first of all can I say how good this site is,so much info and advice. Back to my problem.
    i have just found out that I have a default on my file, it was filed by either the Halifax BAnk or wescot DRA, the details are as follows , left my other half in 2008, was told by her that she'd closed our joint account,but in fact I have just found out that she only removed her name,and consequently the account went overdrawn by £33, now there is a balance of -£347 and wescot want it paying.
    Halifax sold debt to wescot on 13/12/2011, date of default on my credit file is 16/12/2011. I have no recollection of receiving any paperwork relating to this,as my ex didn't even know where I was living as to pass on any address to anyone.

How would I proceed with trying to get this default removed ? Any suggestions would be appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Default advice needed please

Hi and welcome.

Have you spoken with Halifax since finding out about this. I recently had a similar situation with Nationwide and then found a £600 debt had built up on the account via my credit file - they removed everything. (Actually I was extremely suprised that they did so easily but they could see it was at zero when contact was made to close the account and they had failed in closing it then applied charge on charge)

Worth asking before getting into protracted letter writing with Wescot.

Sharon
    xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Default advice needed please

Made contact with wescot today,they say that the debt has gone back to the Halifax, not sure what to do next, any ideas people?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X