• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BC statute barred

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC statute barred

Hi it seems Fred's/BC are intent on taking me to court over a debt which is statute barred and have I have stated this too them but they have created a fictitious payment and sent me numerous letters which is technically harassment and attempted fraud. If they do issue proceedings is there any recourse to claim expenses and/or compensation from these cranks?
    Tags: None

Re: BC statute barred

Don't wait for their claims through a county court - Act Now.
    I suggest you read other threads in here for letters such as PROVE IT, CPR, OTHERS.

Comment

If I send a CCA request will that prevent them from taking action until they have provided it? They seem to be wanting to issue proceedings before the default date, if I can delay them till the default falls off my file in a couple of weeks they may just give up.

Comment

Any ideas guys? They say they are going to take action on the 15th and the default date is 2 weeks later. If I can stall them for 2 weeks the combination of it being statute barred and the default no longer on my file should see them off!

Comment

Bump

Comment

Remember!! It is up to BC to prove that the payment was made by YOU.

You do not have to prove it wasn't made

I would ask them for proof

1. When the payment was made
            2. Where it was made
            3. By whom was it made
            4. How payment was made

I would check the date they allege the payment was supposedly made as the Leeds Leeches are so stupid I apparently made a bank payment on a Sunday hundreds of miles away from where I live in a town with a similar sounding name

Comment

Thanks ODC, I know it's up to them to prove it I just do t want the embarrassment and hassle of going to court. If I delay them past the default date hopefully they'll give up!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X