• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Parking Fine from UK Car Park Management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Parking Fine from UK Car Park Management

Hi,

I am looking to get some advice on this. I live on a road near a premiership football ground which has permit parking. I have a permit to park here, but when matches are on in the evening it is virtually impossible to find a space on the road, or any of the roads within a 10 minute walk where my permit is valid.

There is a new development at the end of my road, and one evening in Jan at 9.11pm I parked here. I got in my car the next morning to go to work and never thought anymore of it.

On 28th Feb 2014 I received a letter from CPM (UK Car Park Management) stating that a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) was issued to the driver of the vehicle for the alleged contravention of 'not displaying a valid permit', in accordance with the signage that is clearly and preminently displayed on site.

They informed me that as the driver has not paid the PCN in full (which was not on my vehicle), the opportunity to pay a discounted amount has been lost.

Now they are asking for a full payment of £100 within 28 days of the letter, or they will recover the unpaid amount.

The letter that was sent to me had a picture of my car, but not of the ticket on the car that was issued. I logged onto their website for more pictures and there is no clear picture of my car with a ticket on it.

Has anyone any advice on how to respond to their letter? When I call I get an automated service. I am really worried as £100 is a lot of money

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Warm regards,

Alex
    Tags: None

Re: Car Parking Fine from UK Car Park Management

Alex, If the letter offers you a chance to appeal then do so.

Dear sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver never saw any signs and anyhow your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

Please supply a popla code if you refuse my appeal.

Yours etc

If they reject it (normal) then an appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter will win at popla.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X