• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Should I respond to HL Legal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I respond to HL Legal?

Hello,

I received the latest letter from HL Legal Solicitors. It relates to the dca Cpquest on a BoS c/card.
    Initial posting of c/card details are here => http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...994#post365994

The letter is expecting full payment or a satisfactory proposal for settlement by 10th March 2014.

It further states: "court proceedings may be issued against you without further notice. In the event that court proceedings are necessary, the following costs will be added to the debt".
    It then gives a small statement showing the balance of a/c, court costs, solicitors costs and total.

They say "In the event that judgment is obtained against you, enforcement action will result in further costs and fees being added".

It then goes on to state the payment methods, who it should be made payable to and giving the dca's website address for card payment. They also mention a contact number to discuss the matter, quoting a claim number.

I still haven't received any information relating to my cca request dated July 2013 from the above link.

Should this latest letter from them go in the 'I' folder?
    If not, then how should I respond?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Helpseeker.

p.s. Since my initial letter sent in July 2013, I have not made any contact with anyone associated with this a/c.
    Last edited by Helpseeker; 5th March 2014, 16:19:PM. Reason: omission in error
    Tags: None

Re: Should I respond to HL Legal?

Hello,

I wouldn't normally post here at the weekend, as I understand that as Moderators and Team Members, you all have your personal lives to live.

It's been a few days since I made my post above, however can anyone please respond as I am actually seeking quality advice for my specific situation.

Thanks in advance.
    Helpseeker.

Comment

My apologies for missing your post earlier in the week. The Letter from HL Legal does sound as though it is a letter before action and as such a response would be a good idea, along the lines of that they haven't responded to your formal CCA request and until such time they do so are barred from enforcement action and should they take court action you will bring that to the attention of the court. I'd possibly also ask for a pre action disclosure of the agreement, default notice, assignment etc.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello Amethyst,

it's okay. Thank you so much for replying.
        I will respond to them with the information you stated.

Can you clarify a little further when you mentioned: 'I'd possibly also ask for a pre action disclosure of the agreement, default notice, assignment etc.'.

What does this mean and should this information be sent to cpquest or HL?

Regards.
        Last edited by Helpseeker; 9th March 2014, 20:21:PM.

Comment

Well, once you got an actual court claim you'd more than likely be asking for that information in a CPR 31.14 request ( see http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ic-information ) so while you're writing to them you could pre-empt that request in asking for that information now (of course don't mention you'd be asking for it if they issue a court claim), that would also strengthen your case if you do end up having to do the CPR request later.

And yes this letter should go to HL Legal as they have sent you the letter 'threatening' court action.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

That's great. A response will be sent this week.
            Bless you, Amethyst :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X