• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ex moving child 4 hours away with violent new partner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex moving child 4 hours away with violent new partner

I'm hoping to get some advice before spending more money with a solicitor who's advice seems to contradict that of others I have spoke to that have been in a similar situation.

My ex partner wants to move 4 hours away (1 hour ferry at £80 a return) + 3 hour drive. She intends to do this in two weeks time and take our child with her.

I know her partner (of just two months!) who she is moving there with - my concerns are that he has a strong history of violence. Two previous relationships where he has abused his partner multiple times - some of which police were called but charges dropped, as well as assaulting a police officer and various other incidents I've been told about, although that's hearsay.

I voiced my concerns to her, she wasn't interested, claiming she knew him and he's not like that, despite knowing almost nothing of most of these violent incidents.

I'm not happy about my three year old moving so far away as it is, but with the new partner, I'm genuinely scared for her welfare.

I currently have her three nights a week plus a full day.

What are my options?
    Tags: None

Re: Ex moving child 4 hours away with violent new partner

Hi MikeH

What a worrying situation for you.

Do you have shared parental responsibility/custody?

Are Cafcass involved?

How sure are you of your facts re her new partner?

Comment

Re: Ex moving child 4 hours away with violent new partner

Would something like Clare's Law (The Domestic Abuse Disclosure Scheme) help in these cases at all (finding the truth about the hearsay ref violence) ? It's been rolled out nationally now I believe.

Do you have parental responsibility ? If so you could possibly apply for a prohibitive steps order - but you would need to see a solicitor. This might enable the move to be put off until custody / visiting arrangements are sorted.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X