• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Immoral mis-selling by Incompetent Lloyds TSB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immoral mis-selling by Incompetent Lloyds TSB

My disabled son was mis-sold policies by Lloyds TSB.
    I forced them to eventually admit to the evil acts and my son is now offered full repayment and token compensation. (Which was increased by 50% after further complaints).

However, my son was also mis-sold loans and overdraft facilities.

They conned him into taking a loan then another loan to pay off the first loan then a third loan to pay off the second.

Whilst they have admitted mis-selling, they are NOT admitting mis-selling these loans so my son is paying a huge loan (around £12,500) payning fees for the loans, charges and charges for both overdraft and unauthorised overdraft.

I have legal document which shows I have full comtrol over ANY AND ALL of my son's financial transactions. The bank deny they knew about this but I have evidence they did from production of the document following an earlier, unrelated complaint.

The financial Ombudsman has, incredibly, allowed them to get away with this!

My Member of Parliament is now involved.

What can I do to get justice from these thugs?

Re: Immoral mis-selling by Incompetent Lloyds TSB

Hi there, and Welcome xx

I've unapproved a number of your repeat posts, I appreciate you are angry but posting on other people threads would just confuse issues.

Let's start from the beginning then

Your son is disabled - in what way - is it a disability that makes him vulnerable / impairs his decision making abilities - you mention you have power of attorney? over you sons financial affairs and the bank is aware of this.

What was the original loan for and how was it missold ? Did your son approach the bank or they he.

The bank also added PPI to the loans and have since refunded this following a claim for PPI misselling plus an element of compensation.

Have you been through the Financial Ombudsman for the PPI or loan misselling or both ? What was the outcome of the misselling complaint for the loans from the FOS ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I am angry. Extremely angry. I have advised Lloyds that I will take every opportunity to expose their practices.

My son has many disabilities. Heart complaint, muscle wastage arthritis amongst some. He is alos profoundly deaf. He has learning difficulties.

The original loan was for £1,000. I have suspicions he gave the money to third parties but cannot establish this. My son has no idea how much he owes the bank, why the situation arose or why he agreed to the insurances.

He is forty-two but I still am never 100% certain how much he knows when trying to discover the truth about thsi problem.

The insurances were a seperate issue. I believe they tried to sell home insurance also but, as far as I am aware only two eventually remain. Lifetime cover and life cover policy through Scottish Widows. He libes in a council house and has no dependants.

They freely admitted they had mis-sold the policies. I am awaiting the agreed full repayment plus interest plus token compensation.

I had had a previous problem concerning the bank when the fact was established (although they already knew) that I should have been consulted regarding my son's account as I had presented them with the document showing I had full responsibility for my son's financial transactions. I was assured there would be no further problem, since he could not do anything unusual without my approval, I let my son withdraw monies as he deemed fit. I occasionally had to lend him money to help towards his payday. (He works in mail room, civil service as registered disabled person.) I approached the Financial ombudsman as soon as I discovered the problem and got little co-operation from the bank.

One, to increase the token compensation for the mis-sold insurances.
      Two, to gain compensation for the mis-sold loans and overdrafts.

Strangely, although I received glowing assurances and sympathy (in recorded telephone calls) from the Ombudsman, an adjudicator stated the compensation for the mis-sold policies was adequate and the mis-sold loans were apparently not mis-sold.

Even more astounding, an appeal to the Ombudsman actually upheld the adjudicator's decision.

Apart from recording telephone conversations, I secretly videod a meeting with the bank manager, my son and myself. Quite long but near the end I asked my son how he would feel about another loan. He looked puzzled and said he probably could not afford it. I pressed him saying, if the manager gave him say £20,000 which would wioe out his debts and he would just have to repay that one loan, he brightened up and asked the manager how much would that be per month. It is my contention that is the method they used to encourage him to keep borrowing.

As I mentioned, I have contacted member of parliament, Mike Crockart as the start of my campaign to force these evil people to compensate my son for the outrage they perpertrated against my son. Quite apart from the fact ANY person communicating with my son for a few seconds would realise he did not really comprehend the conversation, the bank staff had no authority to deal with him directly.

Comment

Since I am not receiving any help, I wonder if anyone with the necessary legal experience can advise me.

I have stopped all DD in my son's account. This means they will not apply the DD which pays the money towards the mis-sold loans.

Should I have done that? Should I make a token payment?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X