• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance - IND = county court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance - IND = county court

HI

first of all apologies i can see quite a few have had deealings with these previously, but obviously with this being court etc wuld just like to be sure in my case etc please

i have just received (through an ex partner) a letter for court proceedings from welcome finance.

the letter only gave me 7 days to reply, but with it obviously being at an old address this date had already passed, so i contacted the number on there, they gave me a couple of numbers to change my address with the court and IND
    i have done this so that i get the communications ratehr than my ex partner.

Basically i had a loan with welcome finance (oringinally back in around 2005), whilst being young the first one a paid all off etc, however i took out a new one in 2006 and subsequently whilst living on my own to finish my qualifications in oxford extended and added to this as times were tough and VERY exensive down there, this was early 2008.
    unfortunately had a bit of a personal incident in my life, which resulted in me finding solace at the bottom of a few jack daniels bottles.. anyway past all that and moved back home to be around family etc. about a year later started to receive debt letters regarding the amount owed.
    this is when things got messy..
    i tried to obtain copies of my contracts i had signed along with a payment history to the accounts.
    This is unfortauntely when welcome finance started to go through their troubles and stop lending to people and offices started to close.
    i was informed i would need to send cheques for £2 to obtain my contracts, nobody could give me contract/account numbers or anything, the cheques never got cashed and i literally ended up chasing my own tail for numerous months. everytime i received debt collection agency letters i called each of them and requested they obtain this information before i make payment. each time the amount owed has gone up (original loan was around £4k)
    everytime they tried to obtain this information from welcome the debt collection agencies couldnt and therefore stopped chasing me pretty much straight away.
    since 2009/early 2010 i have not had a single bit of contact with anyone chasging for the amount or anything, until now.
    i have emailed IND requesting this information (so that i have it in writing me requesting this information) i have never denied not owing anything i just wanted to know the correct figure and how it was made up as it was in my eyes far greater than it should have been. - they are now requested in excess of £9.5k

Can anybody that has had dealings or knows what my best course of action is/would be i would very much appreciate some input.
    obviously i do not want to pay the £9.5k they are requesting but do understand that they most probably do want some from me.

Thanks in advance
    W
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome Finance - IND = county court

Urrghh I feel for you, you've behaved properly throughout this and once you'd got sorted you tried to get the debt sorted and have been kyboshed at every turn through no fault of your own.

A formal CCA request should be sent to the claimants (whoever they are saying owns the debt now) as without supplying that information they can't enforce the debt.

CCA Request Letters

This is fine to send as well as the request you sent by email. So they haven't actually sent you a court claim as yet, just a letter before action ? I'm not sure on that as you've said about changing your address at the court ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Send a SAR to Welcome and see what they send you.

Comment

Hi Thanks for the quick resonse

yes they have sent me court letters (got till 4th june before the date)

ive drafted and printed out a letter (along with a £10 cheque - didnt know people actually still took this form of payment) for SAR's

however since making this original post, i have managed to speak to a lady who is part of welcome finance who gave me soooooo much information this could have all been resolved 5/6 years ago

she has confirmed that i have apparently had 5 accounts (a cpl of "re-writes" apparently) which i am un aware of
        she has gave me all the account numbers and all the amounts of each of them (with some very funny figures on, which to me looks like they have added PPI onto, which will be another case if thats so)

she has confirmed my last payment was in fact in 2009 and gave me the address and the person to deal with for the SAR request.

so i assume its await for these to come back and from there i think best seakign some legal advice on them, asi believe some of them are in some way fraudulant if they havent had my authority to change things.. including 1 re-write during a time when i was trying to chase them for information.

i somehow feel this is just the beginning and it is going to get alot more complex and legal
        last thing i need right now, but whilst some action is possible i want to get it sorted.

thank you very much

Comment

3As a former Welcome customer you should not only have account numbers but a unique customer number. Everything relatng to you should be filed on Siebel under your customer number . Using the customer number will make it easier for welcome to find stuff.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X