• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ppi refund by egg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ppi refund by egg

Hi folks

Sorry to bother you all, I had a PPI Refund last year from EGG/ Canada Square Operations.

They refunded £4583.20 I had to pay a Claims Mgt company £1700 for their part - I know silly of me.

They stated in their letter If i accepted they would not enter in to any further correspondence with me and the matter would be closed.

Two months later they wrote saying they had made a mistake in their offer as I had made a claim on the account 7 years previously and they had over paid my claim by £2583,29 they demanded it returned at once.

I wrote to them stating that I was not in a position to return this money as half had gone to a claims management company, and I was in overwhelming financial hardship and was in arrangments with my creditors and had no money, I believed they had made a mistake and they should carry the can for it.

Thomas Eggar solicitors have now written instructed from EGG-CANADA SQUARE OPERATIONS TO RECOVER THE MONEY, Egg have never responded. They are now going to take me to court and add interest and court charges. Guys, this is not my fault it has taken EGG three years to pay me and they said they had reviewed and investigated my claim thoroughly before making the offer.

Now I'm in the cart please can someone help.

Thanks

Stephen
    Tags: None

Re: Ppi refund by egg

Hi Stephen

When you got the original refund from Egg did you receive copies of the letters that accompanied the offer and did you accept the offer in full and final settlement of your claim, or was that all done through your CMC ? If you do have it that would be good to know the wording on it.

When they say 'made a claim on the account 7 years previously' does that mean that you claimed on the PPI policy for being out of work etc or that you'd already reclaimed the PPI charges?

Do you have the letters from Egg and Thomas Eggar asking for the return of monies paid out - and if so can you post them up (redacted of personal info pls).

Kind regards

Sharon
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi I made a claim on my ppi 7 years ago being out of work, I did tell them about it at the time of the claim 3 years ago I started this claim re: EGG PPI refund, firstly they told tme to bugger off, I then spoke to the financial ombudsman who up held my complaint 2 years later they made and offer in full and final settlement, (quote if you accept this offer we will not enter in to any further correspondence with you and this matter will be closed) I will scan in the offer letter, the acceptance letter a few months later and then the letter claiming I had been overpaid. They have never responded to my letter sent back in December 2013 and have gone straight to using a solicitor.The solicitor claims ive been unjustly enriched at their clients expence.. I accepted what I beleived to be an offer based on their calculations. After all they had 3 years to get this right plus all my account details, I hadnt got access to accounts dating back to 1996! thanks for your help so stressed with all this.. thank you thank you..:doggieyes:

Comment

Hi I made a claim on my ppi 7 years ago being out of work, I did tell them about it at the time of the claim 3 years ago I started this claim re: EGG PPI refund, firstly they told tme to bugger off, I then spoke to the financial ombudsman who up held my complaint 2 years later they made and offer in full and final settlement, (quote if you accept this offer we will not enter in to any further correspondence with you and this matter will be closed) I will scan in the offer letter, the acceptance letter a few months later and then the letter claiming I had been overpaid. They have never responded to my letter sent back in December 2013 and have gone straight to using a solicitor.The solicitor claims ive been unjustly enriched at their clients expence.. I accepted what I beleived to be an offer based on their calculations. After all they had 3 years to get this right plus all my account details, I hadnt got access to accounts dating back to 1996! thanks for your help so stressed with all this.. thank you thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X