• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim received for Capquest/Vanquis account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim received for Capquest/Vanquis account

Just write in box 10 see attached witness statement. Yes send everything including exhibits.

It's not quantity but quality. If it needs saying, say it if not shut up

5 days service from date on form + 14 to defend and 14 more if AoS is filed. I think you are well inside the time. Once the application is received by the court the action is pretty much suspended until you hear from the court.

M1

Comment

Right, everything is in place now. Just one last thing for your consideration:

i've added in the following to my draft order:

UPON the Court noting that the Claimant remains in breach of the Civil Procedure Rules Rules section 22 and practice direction 22.

Is this OK? or should i drop it?

UPON reading the Defendant’s Application Notice dated 11th March 2014 and the witness statement of Defendant

And

UPON the Court noting that the Claimant remains in breach of the Civil Procedure Rules Rules section 22 and practice direction 22.

IT IS ORDERED THAT:

1: The Claimant shall by 4pm on 18th March 2014 (7 days from the date of this order) provide the Defendant with particulars of claim verified with a statement of truth as per the civil procedure rules section 22 and practice direction 22.

2: Upon the Claimant complying with paragraph 1 the Defendant shall file and serve his Defence by 4pm on 15th April 2014. (28 days after compliance with paragraph 1)

3: If the Claimant fails to comply with the order the Claim shall stand struck out without further order.

4: The Claimant do pay the Defendant’s costs in this application to be assessed if not agreed.

Comment

That's in the draft order so will be fine

M1

Comment

Great stuff, I'm now ready to go. Will print off and send at dinner time. Fingers crossed.

Once again; thanks for all your help.

Comment

If you ring the court you can pay the application fee over the phone and send the application by email to:
            ccbcfees@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
            Fill in the n224, print it off to sign, re-scan it in PDF format and attach to email.

Comment

Originally posted by panther12 View Post
              If you ring the court you can pay the application fee over the phone and send the application by email to:
              ccbcfees@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
              Fill in the n224, print it off to sign, re-scan it in PDF format and attach to email.
              Thanks for the heads-up, however it's all packaged up and ready to go.

I am simply trying to drag this out as long as possible to get the money together to pay it. I don't expect this order to get it struck out(though that would be perfect), I am just trying to delay the judgement.

Comment

Ok, I've sent all the documents to the court. What should I be doing in meantime? And is there any way I can check the status of my order?

I don't want to just let it be and the judgement goes against me...

Comment

You will be contacted by the court.

You can prepare for further action after this but for this part you need to wait on the court.

It'll be 3 weeks at least before any hearing and i'd expect longer. However a judge may rule without a hearing in which case i'd expect you win on the point as you've asked for a hearing and it'd be nuts not to give you a hearing unless they agree with your application.

M1

Comment

Superb, another payday will see me right to pay the amount they're asking for at present so three weeks would be great.

IF they grant me an hearing what will I do then?

Comment

Go along present your case and claim your costs.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                        Go along present your case and claim your costs.

M1
                        Christ, that sounds daunting. I've been in a courtroom on jury service and that made me nervous.

Comment

Not really. There won't be wigs and gowns and all that nonsense.

All you'll be doing is pointing out the rules which is basically what you've already done and making sure they know you should get costs.

Yes you'll need andrex but the buzz afterwards if you get the correct results will feel great.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X