• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt & Finance Issue Combined

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt & Finance Issue Combined

I have a problem that I am trying to resolve on behalf of my partners son.

He has been "sold" a computer games design course for around £3000. It transpires that this "course" is a teach yourself type of package that you undertake from your own home and do not attend any college or other education centre.

The lad has signed a credit agreement with a finance company, who have forwarded the £3000 loan directly to the course provider. It is clear that the whole thing is a scam with each party passing the buck to the other. The lad has paid around £800 back but is not continuing the correspondence with the course provider.

I have told the lad to hold fire on any more payments. The provider & finance company have the same postcode but have different numbers for the same street. I suspect they are somehow connected. I plan to contact trading standards & advise the finance company to pick up the outstanding balance from the company who they forwarded the loan to as they were happy enough to hand the money over in the first place.

I'm obviously concerned about affecting the lads credit worthiness by telling him to stop paying the finance company but on the other hand, I don't want him to be paying another £2000 for absolutely nothing. If anyone can offer any further advice, it would (as always) be very much appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X