• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on Dropping Kerb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Dropping Kerb

Hi

Just looking for some do's and don'ts on dropping my kerb. We live in a maisonette but we own the garden and the driveway where we are currently parking our cars, it doesn't obstruct anything all the important stuff such as stop cocks, gas electricity are accessible. basically we own the some of the land around us. Our downstairs neighbor already has a dropped kerb i'm guessing from the time when it was once a house.

So anything i shouldn't let the council know? or know about? I already read the leaflet to check if we can do it, but all seems ok to me. I thought best be prepared and talk to you guys before i proceed.

Thanks for your help
    Tags: dropped kerb

Re: Advice on Dropping Kerb

You cannot do it yourself it must be done with consent of your council by them or approved contractors its no cheap either.

Comment

Assuming that the kerb is the one between the road surface (the Public Highway), and the pavement, it is quite possible that it actually belongs to the council.

As Wales01 points out, if it does belong to them, they are likely to take it very badly if you undertake unauthorised works.

Comment

Yes all i have done is asked them for an application form...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X