• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global & Restons Solicitors Court Summons - guidance wanted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global & Restons Solicitors Court Summons - guidance wanted

After hitting financial hardship I've been unable to pay my credit card liabilities. I am currently on JSA, although a small amount of savings is keeping the mortgage paid.

Arrow Global appear to have taken over the debt owed to M&S Financial Services. Their solicitors, Restons have now raised a claim in the county court for £5800ish+costs. The N1CPC received dated 7 Feb is simply signed by a typewritten "Restons Solicitors Limited".

- My first step was to send a CCA letter to Arrow Global requesting copy of the agreement and full breakdown of debt owed. Arrow received this on 14 Feb.

-Arrow responded promptly stating "we do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation and will revert in due course". I am not expecting them to deliver the information within the specified 12 working days.

So what happens next? What else should I be doing now? Any simple pointers would be appreciated! (I've read through many threads on here but every situation appears different)
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global & Restons Solicitors Court Summons - guidance wanted

Originally posted by JudgedBirch View Post
    After hitting financial hardship I've been unable to pay my credit card liabilities. I am currently on JSA, although a small amount of savings is keeping the mortgage paid.

Arrow Global appear to have taken over the debt owed to M&S Financial Services. Their solicitors, Restons have now raised a claim in the county court for £5800ish+costs. The N1CPC received dated 7 Feb is simply signed by a typewritten "Restons Solicitors Limited".

- My first step was to send a CCA letter to Arrow Global requesting copy of the agreement and full breakdown of debt owed. Arrow received this on 14 Feb.

-Arrow responded promptly stating "we do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation and will revert in due course". I am not expecting them to deliver the information within the specified 12 working days.

So what happens next? What else should I be doing now? Any simple pointers would be appreciated! (I've read through many threads on here but every situation appears different)
    Have you responded to the N1CPC? Probably to Northampton County Court.

Comment

Have you filed AOS ? Have you sent a 31.14 request ? Have you told them that a firm cannot sign a claim form ? Have you asked them to replead ?

They are the creditor
      http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2012/2402.html

If they are not the creditor they would have no locus standi to bring the claim. Idiots.

M1

Comment

M&S Financial Services - can you give a bit more detail of the debt. When was it first taken out and was it originally a store card ?

With the claim being on 7th Feb you need to have acknowledged the claim by 25th Feb.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for you comments so far - in response to your questions:

- the N1CPC was indeed from Northampton County Court
          - I have responded to the N1CPC online requesting an extension to prepare my defence. This was completed 28 Feb, 2 days over the 14 day limit by my calculations
          - Not sure what an AOS or 31.14 request is - non-legal newbie!
          - No, I have not told them a firm can not sign the claim form, or asked them to replead. Am I able to do this?
          - My simple logic would agree that if they are not the creditor then how could they make a claim?
          - Yes, this debt was a store card, taken out perhaps 12 years ago

What would be my next steps?

Comment

Thanks for you comments so far - in response to your questions:

- the N1CPC was indeed from Northampton County Court
            - I have responded to the N1CPC online requesting an extension to prepare my defence. This was completed 28 Feb, 2 days over the 14 day limit by my calculations
            - Not sure what an AOS or 31.14 request is - non-legal newbie!
            - No, I have not told them a firm can not sign the claim form, or asked them to replead. Am I able to do this?
            - My simple logic would agree that if they are not the creditor then how could they make a claim?
            - Yes, this debt was a store card, taken out perhaps 12 years ago

What would be my next steps?

One for Plan B, Mayhew v Satander comes to mind they are trying it on.

Comment

SANTANDER CARDS (UK) LTD v DIANA MAYHEW [2012] EW Misc 14 (CC)

Comment

Many thanks all. I have to now submit my defence. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've not had any further contact from any party and certainly not received anything under my CCA request.

Mike - can you provide a clicky for Plan B?

Many thanks!

Comment

Many thanks all. I have to now submit my defence. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've not had any further contact from any party and certainly not received anything under my CCA request.

Many thanks!
                  http://legalbeagles.info/santander-c...ew-misc-14-cc/

Did you send a CPR 31.14 request? If so you want to apply to get the court to order claimants to supply documents http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ic-information

If not then you are relying on issues as in Santander v Mayhew and the lack of compliance with the CCA request you sent.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Many thanks!
                    http://legalbeagles.info/santander-c...ew-misc-14-cc/ should help you also Paul was the fee earner on this case if I remember correctly.

Comment

I wouldn't be entering a defence.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...hlight=pikachu

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...highlight=zhan

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...highlight=zhan

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        Did you send a CPR 31.14 request?
                        No I didn't - only a CCA request to Arrow Global

Comment

in that case I think you will have to defend based on non compliance with your cca request - lack of information in particulars etc
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                            I wouldn't be entering a defence.
                            Thanks M1 - so I just ignore everything? What else do I need to do?

Comment

Copies of N1 and CCA response, for info:
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by JudgedBirch; 14th March 2014, 09:57:AM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X