• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FOS and Marbles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOS and Marbles

A couple of weeks ago I sent a complaint off to the FOS asking them to investigate a request by me going back to 2013 about interest and fees charged to my account.
    In brief, I first wrote to Marbles in April 2013 asking for fees to be stopped and interest cancelled as I was genuinely struggling to meet the monthly repayments - after 10 weeks, I got their first response, and eventually a plan was put in place (on 13.08.13). Much of the delay was down to Marbles, so I asked them to consider refunding me the interest and fees between April and August 2013 - I never received a response, so chased them again in January.
    I eventually received a letter from the Customer Service (!) Team on 12th February, basically telling me where to go - by then I had already sent my FOS complaint off.
    FOS have tried to walk away from this by saying it's more than 6 months since Marbles gave me their final response (they are referring to a letter from them dated 1st August 2013) - I suspect their letter (dated 26.02.14) telling me this crossed with the latest letter from Marbles, which they received on the same date (a case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing!).
    I have e-mailed them today - will post updates.

I've had confirmation from the FOS that they will look into this because of the most recent correspondence from Marbles.
    Last edited by supermac9; 5th March 2014, 15:31:PM. Reason: Update
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X