• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do I get full Housing Benefit I'm entitled to? If not, what to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I get full Housing Benefit I'm entitled to? If not, what to do?

Means-tested income entitlements
    Tax Credits £0.00 £0.00 On the basis of the data entered you are not entitled to Tax Credits
    JSA £0.00 £0.00 On the basis of the data entered you are not entitled to JSA (Income Based)
    Means-tested bill reductions
    Council Tax Support £773.98 £14.84 Your full Council Tax bill of £17.43 per week will be reduced to £2.59 per week because of your entitlement to Council Tax Support.
    Housing Benefit £9,811.36 £188.68 We have calculated your entitlement using Local Housing Allowance rules.
    Total Entitlements £10,585.34 £203.52

From here:

I am only getting £88 / week.
    I was getting 100% before but that is a 13-week protection I was entitled to, having afforded my rent 100% before I became unemployed. Now this amount is reduced to £88/week.

The calculator did ask which is my Local Council so I would presume is correct, but then I'm not getting £100/week, and from the looks of it, it doesn't go towards CT either as that's shown separately as well.

Is this true?
    What should I do to claim my full entitlement in this case?

ps - does my citizenship matter in this case at all? I am a UK resident but not a citizen, yet I paid taxes for 30 months after my wages, quite a lot I think. The calculator says I'm not entitled to JSA only cos I added that I already claim the amount it listed for me to be claimed.

This could be a life saver as I'm behind with rent.
    Thanks a lot!

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X