• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed re Court papers from Lowell Portfolio re Lloyds TSB loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed re Court papers from Lowell Portfolio re Lloyds TSB loan

Hello, I am looking for advise urgently. I have received court papers from Lowell Portfolio regarding an 6 year old debt. This debt was a loan for home improvements that I took out on an old property we bought in Yorkshire. I was with my boyfriend at the time but the loan was in my name. We lost the property as we could not afford the mortgage payment and the loan payments. We were advised at the time the property would be sold and any monies left over would be paid to Lloyds TSB. My boyfriend and I have separated and I now share a flat in London. I have had no correspondence with Lloyds TSB or Lowell until I received a court summons. I believe the debt was originally £5000, the court papers are for £ 6911.41 including solicitors fees and court fee, they have also applied for interest at a daily rate of £1.38. In the particulars of claim they make this statement:- This unsecured loan between Lloyds Tsb and the defendant under account reference 100089509621 and assigned to the claimant on the 30/06/2013 notice of which was given to the defendant? I have no idea what the statement means. Please can you advise me what to do next. I have been given a template pointing out the Limitations Act, should I use this. Sorry its so long, im really out of my depth with this and vary scared.

NOTE..The mortgage company were Yorkshire Bank not Lloyds-TSB
    Last edited by SweetRita; 26th February 2014, 13:11:PM. Reason: Omission of information
    Tags: None

Re: Help needed re Court papers from Lowell Portfolio re Lloyds TSB loan

Hi Rita, firstly do not panic.

I have flagged this up for someone to take a look at, check back later.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hi Rita

I have received court papers from Lowell Portfolio regarding an 6 year old debt.

When did you take out the loan and when was the last time you made payments to it ?

We were advised at the time the property would be sold and any monies left over would be paid to Lloyds TSB

Was your mortgage with lloyds as well ? who told you this and did they include the loan within that ? Do you know what was left over from the sale after the mortgage was settled and where did that money go?

First job is to acknowledge the claim online (login details should be on the front of your form, just tick the intend to defend in full box ) that extends the time you have to respond to 28 days from date of service.

You need to send a CCA request to Lowells for the agreement
      CCA Request Letters

And a CPR letter to the solicitors (BW Legal??) asking for the agreement and assignment

CPR 31.14 Request Info

They need to provide you with the correct documents before you can enter a defence or an admission - if they don't you can ask for the claim to be struck out.

You may also need to send a SAR or a PART 18 request to Lowell for information on why the loan wasn't paid off after the sale of your house but we need to look at the information you have on that before we can decide.

If everything did come back okay and Lloyds aren't to blame for misleading you on the proceeds of the sale of the house paying it off then you will be able to enter an admission and offer to pay an affordable amount which would be set by the court based on your income and expenditure. But let's not get ahead of ourselves xx

Hope that helps a little

Kind regards

Sharon
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Wow, thank you,
        • When did you take out the loan and when was the last time you made payments to it ?
        • The loan was taken out in approximately July 2008 and 2008 was the last time we paid as we lost the house pretty much straight away. The house was listed and we put all the money into the house and was then told we couldn't do the work! We lost everything.
        • Was your mortgage with lloyds as well ? who told you this and did they include the loan within that ? Do you know what was left over from the sale after the mortgage was settled and where did that money go
        • No the mortgage was with a separate company. The mortgage company said they would settle the debt with Lloyds if there was any money remaining. We didn't get notification of the sale as apparently they auctioned the property. We didn't get any money or hear anything from either company.
        • Lowell have never contacted me either until I got the court papers.
        • Thanks you for the advice although it seems overwhelming.

Comment

Many thanks.

Comment

God, sounds like a nightmare for you.

Sorry to overwhelm you we'll go through it bit by bit so don't worry.

1: First thing to do is log on to Moneyclaim online https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome and ACKNOWLEDGE the claim - tick intend to defend.

2: Sent the CCA request to Lowells CCA Request Letters with a £1 postal order.

3: Send the CPR request to Bryan Carter CPR 31.14 Request Info

Their particulars are rather lacking and sounds to me like they are trying to precounter you sending a CPR request as they haven't even mentioned a contract or agreement. In the CPR request put

1: Unsecured loan agreement
            2: Notice of Assignment

If you get those bits done and come back and tell me then we can look at the house sale side of things.

No you won't be able to use the limitation act as you are within 6 years ( 6 years would be July 2014 at the earliest ) so unfortunately that won't apply. No matter though it sounds like there's enough issues and lack of information to get this sorted out.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you again for your help, I will do these now, please can you tell me who Brian Carter is?

Comment

That's me being a doofus. Sorry who are the solicitors acting for Lowells ? B W Legal ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ha ha yes

Comment

Acknowledgment of Service - Confirmation

Step 5 of 5

Thank you. You have successfully submitted your Acknowledgment of Service (AOS) form to the court.

Acknowledgment of Service Submitted Claim Number
                    A4

Response type
                    Acknowledgment of Service

Claimant name
                    LOWELL PORTFOLIO 1 LTD

Defendant name
                    SR

Submission date & time
                    26/02/2014 14:03:34
                    Last edited by SweetRita; 26th February 2014, 14:16:PM. Reason: Private information included in error

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X