• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Form for Lowell Portfolio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Form for Lowell Portfolio

Hi, I have just found your forum this morning. Hopefully you can help me as after a quick look through (I will look thoroughly this evening when children are in bed) it looks like a world of knowledge/help which is just what I need.

When I got home Saturday I had a claim form through my door Claimant - Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD for the sum of £651.39 (inc costs) for an unsecured loan agreement between myself and CL Finance Limited, there is an account reference but I don't know who they are. I have googled all over the weekend trying to get information but to no success unless i'm searching wrong.

I haven't filled anything in yet as i'm unsure what to do next? I have debt issues that i'm still tidying up well trying to but ive not had no help in this information wise, and were due to shut our company down due to running at a loss (sole trader) so I apologise now if i'm being a pain.

Thank you in advance, I will pop back later on.
    Tags: None

Re: Court Form for Lowell Portfolio (not sure if correct title)

Was this a Company debt?if you are a sole trader not LTD you are liable for the debt even if you close the company.Try to think who you might owe money to if its a loan you may be able to check Bank statements to find out more.

Comment

Hi thank you for replying, no it's not a company debt other half owns the company. This letter was in my name I don't recall ever dealing with a company called CL Finance.

Comment

OP has posted OTR on this

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=4907543

and really needs some help on the legal side on what to do with this claim.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
          OP has posted OTR on this

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=4907543

and really needs some help on the legal side on what to do with this claim.

Thanks.
          Cheers Nib,

will take al ook when i get a sec today.
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Re: Court Form for Lowell Portfolio

Your first step is to acknowledge the claim. You can do this online at MoneyClaimOnline.

The passwords and references for logging in to your claim should be on the front page of the N1 claim form you have received.

Once in you need to select ''I intend to defend this claim in full''. This isn't binding, but it does extend the time you have to respond from 14 days to 28 days from the date of service. (The date of service is usually deemed around 4/5 days after the date on the claim form - or around the date you received it)

The next step is to post up the Particulars of Claim (POC) from the front of the claim form on your thread, just in case there is anything unusual about the claim.

Next step is to send a couple of letters off;

First letter is to go to the creditor see if they have the right to enforce the debt. This will require you to send a £1 postal order / cheque with the following letter;

Address
              Address
              Address

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− 000000000000

With reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of this credit agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I am entitled to receive a legible copy of the credit agreement on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

I understand a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days. Should you fail to comply with my request you will be unable to enforce this debt.

Should you require more time to comply, please confirm this to me in writing, and confirm that you have placed all and any action on this account on hold.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Secondly you need to send a formal CPR (Civil Procedure Rules) request for disclosure of documents mentioned in the statement of case (POC). Usually they mention a contract or agreement, assignment, default notice and the amount. This letter goes to the solicitors

Address
              Address
              Address

Date

Address
              Address
              Address

Dear Sir/Madam,

In the Northampton County Court
              Claim No: XXXXXXXXX
              between LOWELL PORTFOLIO 1 and XXX YOUR NAME XXXX

Request for Information under CPR Part 31.14

Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR 31.14 for the disclosure and the production of a verified and legible copy of each of the following document(s) mentioned in your statement of case ;

1: the agreement/ contract

2: the assignment

3: the default notice

4: statement of account

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter.

Your CPR 31 duties extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for the originals of the documents I have requested.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by stefanieburton View Post
                Hi, I have just found your forum this morning. Hopefully you can help me as after a quick look through (I will look thoroughly this evening when children are in bed) it looks like a world of knowledge/help which is just what I need.

When I got home Saturday I had a claim form through my door Claimant - Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD for the sum of £651.39 (inc costs) for an unsecured loan agreement between myself and CL Finance Limited, there is an account reference but I don't know who they are. I have googled all over the weekend trying to get information but to no success unless i'm searching wrong.

I haven't filled anything in yet as i'm unsure what to do next? I have debt issues that i'm still tidying up well trying to but ive not had no help in this information wise, and were due to shut our company down due to running at a loss (sole trader) so I apologise now if i'm being a pain.

Thank you in advance, I will pop back later on.

Are there any debts which are unaccounted for? are there any debts which are around the same balance outstanding which "could" be the debt in question?

There are possibilities to obtain the information you need, although due to the amount in question it seems likely the Claim will be a small claims case so a part 18 request is out of the equation .
                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi guys sorry I haven't replied my dad was taken into hospital. Thank you for your help I do appreciate it.

Amethyst I assume the 2nd letter is sent to BW Legal which is the one listed in the address box for all documents.

PT2537 I have had another look and cant find anything remotely near.

Comment

Hi again, I think I may have found it, well actually I spotted the account numbers on the credit file and the last 4 digits are the same as the claim form.

It is on my credit file as Lowell at an address I moved out of in March 2006

Account start date 11/10/2010 (Im guessing this is when they bought it?)
                    Default Balance £479
                    Default Date 19/04/2011

As for the debt I haven't a clue what it is but I did live here 2003 - 2006

What do I do now im guessing this may change everything?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by stefanieburton View Post
                        Hi again, I think I may have found it, well actually I spotted the account numbers on the credit file and the last 4 digits are the same as the claim form.

It is on my credit file as Lowell at an address I moved out of in March 2006

Account start date 11/10/2010 (Im guessing this is when they bought it?)
                        Default Balance £479j
                        Default Date 19/04/2011

As for the debt I haven't a clue what it is but I did live here 2003 - 2006

What do I do now im guessing this may change everything?
                        Hi Stefanie, hope your dad is ok xx when's your defence due in? Did you get the CPR and cca letters sent off? that you can see a debt on your credit file from Lowell doesn't have much bearing as you still don't know what the debt is so you need to push on with requesting the information through the CPR 31.14 request http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ic-information . As you can't defend nor admit when you don't know what the debt is, and by the sounds of it it could be stat barred if its from 2006.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Looking at the details - seeing CL Finance makes me think there is a high likelihood this is a store card (such as Burtons, Dorothy Perkins, etc?)

They (CL Finance) went through a phase a while back of buying this type of debt and making an absolute hash of issuing claims via Howard Cohen solictors.

I went to court and wiped the floor with them as the documents were

a) illegible

b) what was there wasnt up to the CCA 74'

So it seems likely that CL Finance bought it from the original creditor, then sold it to Lowells

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            Hi Stefanie, hope your dad is ok xx when's your defence due in? Did you get the CPR and cca letters sent off? that you can see a debt on your credit file from Lowell doesn't have much bearing as you still don't know what the debt is so you need to push on with requesting the information through the CPR 31.14 request http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ic-information . As you can't defend nor admit when you don't know what the debt is, and by the sounds of it it could be stat barred if its from 2006.
                            Hi, hes a lot better thank you and home now. I have sent both letters of as you said :-), just awaiting the reply from them.

Comment

Hi amethyst the issue date on the claim form is 19th Feb 2014 so am I right in saying 24th March? Of course the 2 letters didn't get sent either until Monday due to my dad, am I right in thinking I may run out of time here?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X