• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent help needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed please

I am writing on behalf of a friend Cathy she suffers from severe depression, she had a massive breakdown at the age of 12 years, she also suffers from other illnesses. To cut a long story short she worked from the age of 14 years old right up until 2001 when she has another massive breakdown due to family circumstances, she then claimed Incapacity benefit which I help her throughout after her IB medical she put on IB for indefinite until Jan 2013 she was migrated from IB to ESA Contribution-Based after passing her medical with ATOS again I was there with her for that medical also, I helped her with most things and her mother as well, they are in fact my ex neighbour I've known the family since I was 15 years old for 35 years now.

Cathy has never attend a medical by helself I have gone to each of her medical with her, I write all her letters and her mothers as well and deal with all phones etc because she cannot deal with them. Cathy has a family history of mental illness, her mother, sister, uncles, aunts all suffer from mental illness and most has had massive breakdown. I am just giving an insight about Cathy to be able to get proper help.

January 2013 she was receiving ESA Contribution-Based and was paying her medication by Prescription Pre-Payment Certificate. Cathy was not aware nor myself that the ESA Contribution-Based will run out at the end of 31st December 2013, anyway 31st December 2013 her ESA CB stopped and the last payment she received was on 27th December 2013 we did not know her benefit would stop until I check her bank account for her and saw no money in there, Cathy to this day has not receive a single letter from the DWP telling her her benefit has stopped or that she could claim crisis loan the DWP has literately left her for dead with no money at all what so ever.

I rang the DWP they say her ESA CB has stopped and that she need to fill in claim form ESA3, I got the ESA3 filled it up and sent it off weeks later nothing, I rand the processing office and was told they never received the ESA3 even though it was sent by recorded first class delivery when I told the dwp lady that Cathy has no money to live on and that I will make it a law matter all of a sudden we got a phone in less than an hour by a chap that says yes he has got the ESA3 from and he will whilst I am talking to him will put the claim through and then told me cathy had to fill in a LTF1 form which I went to my local jobcentre plus got the form filled it up and email it to the processing centre I also sent in all necessary document to show that cathy is homeless and sofa surfing at my house, I rang again and the chap told me that the documents look good enough proof and he'll put urgent so that it can be dealt with as soon as possible and that now he has to send it to the decision makers from then things went down hill, I was told the money should be in her account in 6 days time but nothing happen when I rang and ask for the Manager's name I was flatly refused and was told to tell them my complaint by phone it was then going to be passed to the customer service dept LOL of course I refused by the I could smell a stinking rat and has a guess they will not deal with her ESA and will not give her ESA Income related.

Cut another story short I got in touch with my Local MP that was last week and sent an urgent email which I did have a reply back saying that her case has been sent to both my local council for cathy homeless issues 3 years down the line and also to the North London DWP Manager for their investigations the chap who deals with my local MP office told me he will let me know when he get replies from both those authorities but now we have reach deadline Cathy's cannot pay for her medications nor can she claim free prescription because she is not receiving any benefit. She must take her medications daily and failure to do so will worsen her existing mental and physical conditions to a mental and physical breakdown also I am having to support her, my son, 2 pets on my Income support benefit which comes every two weeks, we are very desperate, I am eating the same food for 5 days because we cannot afford to have everyone eating a fresh meal everyday so I sacrifice myself to the same meal for a week.

I want to write to the paper and tell them of cathy history I've heard that can help her get back her benefit. Please can someone help the best way to approach the press, I am so mental drained and exhausted and cannot sleep or function because I am dealing with cathy and of course with my debt problem rising, my telephone will be cut off internet etc. Cathy must have some money as soon as possible especially to buy her medications or able to claim free medications she suffers from rapid heartbeats which can be dangerous if she doesn't take her medications and for her depression also.

I am so sorry for my lost post but hopefully that can get us some advice how to get urgent help.

Thanks in advance

Tags: None

Re: Urgent help needed please

If she is afflicted by one (or more) of the specified conditions - link - she should be eligible for a free prescriptions exemption certificate.

http://www.brookhealthcentre.co.uk/d...exemption1.pdf

However, no mental illness confers eligibility - which is simply mad in itself.

Comment

Have you any support at all ? Does Cathy have a caseworker ?

You might be able to get at least some signposting to people who can help from http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines/
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        If she is afflicted by one (or more) of the specified conditions - link - she should be eligible for a free prescriptions exemption certificate.

http://www.brookhealthcentre.co.uk/d...exemption1.pdf

However, no mental illness confers eligibility - which is simply mad in itself.
        Thank you so much for your reply much appreciated, I have download the certificate and will take it to Cathy's doctor tomorrow she has an appointment with her doctor, she is feeling suicidal and her moods swings are getting worse to the extend she wants to kill someone, I am having to calm her down she is similar to her mother, I receive a phone call from her mother's care home last week her mother threw another patient down the stairs and the patient had to be hospitalized, broken ribs etc, trying to tell people of her mental conditions is hard to put across, phew! I am glad she can still carrying on with her medications otherwise I do not know what might have happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Have you any support at all ? Does Cathy have a caseworker ?

You might be able to get at least some signposting to people who can help from http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines/
          Thank you for your reply appreciate it, I am afraid Cathy don't get any support at all apart from myself it's the honest truth, for her homelessness I've tried the Oumsbudsman they do not do housing issues, Community Law centre same thing, Housing Solicitors no luck, Social worker couldn't help because she is homeless, her local council admitted she is homeless and allowed support but got nothing, my local council refused to help her, without me she will be dead somewhere. She's already tried committing suicide and I had the police searching for her.

she walked out last week and didn't even know where she went but luckily came back the weather was atrocious so that saved her skin, she was soaked and wet in the heavy rain and strong wind. I will check mind but I shall do what ever I can this week to try and get her benefit re-instated, she is vulnerable and a British citizen it is the duty of this country to her help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X