• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

Hi, I used a PPI firm to claim back PPI from Santander and was informed the claim was upheld and Santander had sent out an acceptance form for me to sign and return. It was only for a relatively small amount but no form ever arrived. I have informed GB (the firm acting to reclaim the PPI) 5 times but no acceptance form has ever arrived. It is just dragging on and every time I contact GB they say well give it another 10 days, its ridiculous. I wonder what they are playing at.

Comment

• Re: Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

Just had my claim rejected by Santander for PPI on a mortgage. Being in the public sector my employer already provided sickness cover for up to 12 months. Santander are saying that the PPI cover provided was for 24months. They are also saying that it would have been additional cover on top of my employers cover. Also, as the account was closed in 2007, so the Plevin ruling does not apply.

When I was sold the policy, I was never asked what cover my employer provided. It was never explained to me that this was additional cover. I cancelled the policy myself in 2001 when I realised I did not need it. I'm certain I would not have taken it out in the first place if it had been explained to me that I didn't need it.

I'm wondering if there is any point taking this to the FOS and on what grounds?

Comment

• I have had a terrible experience trying to reclaim back mid-sold PPI on an old Debenhams gold store card and a Paypal credit card.

The Debenhams card was taken out in 1995 and I was told at the till point that I had to take the insurance for my application to proceed further. I ticked the box, so that was their get out, despite having a good job with good sickness and redundancy benefits and savings, if needed.

The Paypal claim was not upheld either, despite me having a letter from then GE Money stating that I was possibly mis-sold this policy as the company had not drawn my attention to the exclusions and limitations of the policy.

Both cases were referred to the FOS, who were useless and did not listen and said my recollection of the Debenhams sale maybe incorrect. I was not happy with the so called ‘adjudicators’ decision so asked for an Ombudsman’s final decision on both cases. True to form they sided with their colleague and Santander’s decision not to uphold.

Between the two account’s I have paid nearly £2250 in premiums alone, and feel as if I have been ‘robbed’ for want of a better word, twice.

The staff at Santander are inexperienced and rude. They send standard letters and it is just a lottery who gets a
        refund.

I have no further recourse, as it has been suggested that if I went to the small claims court, they side up with the FOS decision.

people say don’t give up, but it is a battle that you can’t win against Santander!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X