• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays ppi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays ppi

Hi

I have just received a ppi upheld claim from Barclays today for £3,799.72 this PPI was on a overdraft protection i had with them. from 1999 - 2008

Question:
    I was in an IVA up to last September 2013 and received my completion certificate( IVA Dates -September - 2008 - August -2013 - 5 years)
    The letter from Barclays mentioned that there records indicate that I am in an IVA, ( I am not) Therefore there are saying that the refund will be made to my I.P
    After looking at my completion certificate there is a paragraph that says

The debtor has fully complied with their obligations under the IVA. However following the variation approved by creditors on the 30th November 2012 the supervisor has retained the power to deal with any vat recovery and any pending ppi claims post closure. If additional funds have been received the supervisor will make a further distribution in due course, in line withe the terms of the variation.

I have spoken to Barcalys who have asked me to send the certificate to them.

Thank you

Thanks for your time

Since the PPI was pre the IVA am i entitled to keep this refund?
    Tags: None

Re: Barclays ppi

Bumping for Roy.

Can anyone confirm if no longer via IVA if the PPI compo should be refunded back to the customer please?

Thanks.

Comment

Re: Barclays ppi

Hi! Speak to your IVA Supervisor. I have found the following on the FOS website that gives some information on how redress for an IVA is given but it does state that IVA conditions are specific to each person. Here it is hopefully itll help.
      Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA)

As an alternative to bankruptcy, some consumers who are significantly in arrears with various creditors enter an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA). An IVA might affect the consumer’s position as far as any PPI redress is concerned, but that will depend on the terms of the IVA.
      IVA supervisors often ask for the redress to be paid to them to distribute amongst the consumer’s creditors. Whereas businesses usually want to use any compensation payable to deal with what the consumer owes them first.
      Unlike bankruptcy, the consumer’s assets do not pass to the IVA supervisor when the consumer enters the IVA. And an IVA is particular to a consumer, so we will take that into account when deciding what is fair and reasonable.
      We will look at the terms of the IVA to see if it has provision for any payment from a creditor – like PPI compensation – to be paid to the IVA supervisor. If a business intends to set off any PPI redress against a consumer’s debt when that consumer is in an IVA, it will need to satisfy itself – and us – that it has the right to do so, and that it would be fair to the consumer.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X