• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rooftop Mortgages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooftop Mortgages

Good afternoon everyone.

It is now nearly 2 years since we 'escaped' from a Rooftop mortgage, but I have been bugged ever since now the dust has settled regarding their treatment of us and the scandalous charges they imposed.

Reading some comments on this great site has only fuelled my desire to try and do something about it, so can anybody offer me any advice?

We took out a sub prime re-mortgage for £275,000 in Sept 2005,half of which went on propping up my ailing business. Somehow the actual amount borrowed became £283,500, but I'm not sure why, as I can't even remember the name of the broker as I seem to have called a number for this from a national daily newspaper advert.
    It all seems very blurred now, but upshot was that despite arrears, court order repo's and eye watering charges, we did eventually manage to sell our property for slightly more than we owed rooftop in April 2012, which was around £255,000, which included a heck of a lot of arrears charges and other associated charges.

Been looking at SARS on here. Is this the right route to go down to try and claim some unfair charges back as I have very little paperwork left from the original deal, or subsequent letters, correspondence afterwards.

Just feel that for years we were paying between £1,900 and £2,250 a month in repayments but nearly always behind, and several thousand pounds of our settlement figure was charges.

i was also not happy that our mortgage was linked to the libor rate, and the three month average one at that, which meant that during the infamous Bank's fixing of the libor, I was paying artificially high interest repayments for months and months.

any help would be gratefully received as we no longer owe them anything, I feel strong enough to try and give them some of their own medicine back for crucifying us for so long......

kind regards

Re: Rooftop Mortgages

Sorry, must have missed this one.

You need to send a SAR to Rooftop asap and make sure they send you a full statement of account showing all transactions with a breakdown of all fees and charges, and interest, added to the account.

Once you have received a reply then please come back and we will do all we can to help you.

Comment

Re: Rooftop Mortgages

Hi Ian M,
      I now have a SARS bundle from Rooftop this morning. What would be my next step?
      As a brief overview, remortgaged in 2005 for £292,000 through Mortgage Nation Brokers. Unable to afford repayments from as early as late 2006 when our discounted period ended. Survived numerous repossession orders to eventually sell the property off our own bat for £275,000 in May 2012- £20,000 more than we owed Rooftop. Never in arrears for more than £6k until the final 5 months when I didn't pay the mortgage as it was being sold.
      Arrears charges of some £7,000 by this time, mostly made up of monthly arrears fees, non DD fees, letters, and affordability visits we were made to have which were pointless, along with court solicitors fees.
      is there anything I can do from here, as still feel very bitter about my treatment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X