• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ in Limited Company, Today High Court Officer visited my home - Advice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ in Limited Company, Today High Court Officer visited my home - Advice?

Just remember that the HCEO makes himself think he is more important than he actually is. For a residential property he has no right of entry unless you allow him in and he can dream up as many extortionate fees as he like but if he can't execute the Writ he is stuffed.

For business premises - particularly shops & garages the situation is a little different and action needs to be taken ASAP before it all escalates out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
      Just remember that the HCEO makes himself think he is more important than he actually is. For a residential property he has no right of entry unless you allow him in and he can dream up as many extortionate fees as he like but if he can't execute the Writ he is stuffed.

For business premises - particularly shops & garages the situation is a little different and action needs to be taken ASAP before it all escalates out of hand.
      Should I mention that the company is not trading from our residential property and we don't expect to be visited at home for a work related debt?

They definitely don't know where I work other wise he would have went straight there (or at the very least turned up there after he was unsuccessful finding me at home), I don't have any post coming to my work address or anything like that so I'm really confident they cannot find me there.

To be honest my laziness for once has worked in my favour as I was going to put my work address in the usual places, like Yell.com and Thompson etc but I just never got round to it.

Comment

They unless they know different call and contact you at the registered address for the company its a legal requirement this is stated on documents. If this is your home that's why they are there

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
          They unless they know different call and contact you at the registered address for the company its a legal requirement this is stated on documents. If this is your home that's why they are there
          I realise that this is the only address that they have for me and that's why they turned up, I just want to try and discourage them from coming back if possible...hence why I asked if it was worth mentioning in my letter to them but if not I won't.....

Comment

don't think they will take much notice of you asking them not to turn up unless you tell them where you operate from they may sometimes be morons but doubtful they are totally stupid

Comment

What would happen if the registered address was shared by a number of companies, some of which had the same director?

Suppose the debt had been incurred by Firebird Ltd but, when the HCEO visited the address, he was handed a Statutory Declaration to the effect that all the goods, items and equipment therein belonged to Phoenix 2014 Ltd.

Is there anything the bugger could do, or would he be stumped?

Comment

Originally posted by ToBeKing1988 View Post
                Should I mention that the company is not trading from our residential property and we don't expect to be visited at home for a work related debt?
                If it were me I wouldn't tell them as it would alert them to the fact you are elsewhere & yes they do have means of tracing even if comes down to following you at a safe distance so be wary. If you have nothing at home that belongs to the Ltd Co then that is there problem as what to do next.

I can see this being handed back and at that stage you could negotiate with your Creditor as to how to pay it. They could also employ the services of another HCEO firm but all they are doing is just coming up with the same again. In my view whatever happens do not contact your Creditor until the HCEO is done with as they may then insist yu pay through them which then makes you liable for some charges.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  What would happen if the registered address was shared by a number of companies, some of which had the same director?

Suppose the debt had been incurred by Firebird Ltd but, when the HCEO visited the address, he was handed a Statutory Declaration to the effect that all the goods, items and equipment therein belonged to Phoenix 2014 Ltd.

Is there anything the bugger could do, or would he be stumped?
                  They may only seize the goods of the debtor named on the Writ.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                    If it were me I wouldn't tell them as it would alert them to the fact you are elsewhere & yes they do have means of tracing even if comes down to following you at a safe distance so be wary. If you have nothing at home that belongs to the Ltd Co then that is there problem as what to do next.

I can see this being handed back and at that stage you could negotiate with your Creditor as to how to pay it. They could also employ the services of another HCEO firm but all they are doing is just coming up with the same again. In my view whatever happens do not contact your Creditor until the HCEO is done with as they may then insist yu pay through them which then makes you liable for some charges.
                    Great....I will just keep it short and to the point.

I will be on the look out for anyone following me, I live in a cul-de-sac so it's pretty obvious if anyone were to do so.....I shall just be extra vigilant...

How will I know it has been handed back? Will the courier in question contact me?

Comment

Originally posted by ToBeKing1988 View Post
                      I live in a cul-de-sac
                      You live at Bag End, so you must be Bilbo Baggins!

I claim the News Chronicle prize!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X