• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DWP Social Loan(s) Claim & Possible Breach of Data Protection and ECHR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DWP Social Loan(s) Claim & Possible Breach of Data Protection and ECHR

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
    Its obvious to any postman or anybody who has a brown envelope in their hands that reading the address on the back of the envelope that its a government department letter. True.
    If they were so inclined they could open a letter and obtain the info inside which in DWP mail may include a NI number easypeasy. True.

So would the department be guilty of breaching data protection? Yes. Let the ICO off its leash.

Same applies with letters from a DCA the return postcode tells all They're so obvious, aren't they?
    Even if the mainstream media doesn't run with the story, the alternative media almost certainly will.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Who appoints the head of the ICO?

Who controls HMRC DWP?

Its not the government by chance and if the ICO fines HMRC or DWP who pays?

The taxpayer pays no one employed or in control of either pays fines and no one is likely to lose their job

Comment

who appoints the head of the ico?

Who controls hmrc dwp?

Its not the government by chance and if the ico fines hmrc or dwp who pays?

the taxpayer pays no one employed or in control of either pays fines and no one is likely to lose their job until they publicly embarrass some egotistical, narcissistic and vain/corrupt politician. Then all hell is let loose.

IFYPFY.

Comment

Then this poor Politician resigns his seat at the next election,collects a payoff, collects a pension gets several jobs on company boards and a nice job in am industry he dealt with as a government minister and still has contacts in the corridors of Westminster.
          WOW that's a real tragedy for the poor soul

Comment

Its obvious to any postman or anybody who has a brown envelope in their hands that reading the address on the back of the envelope that its a government department letter.
            If they were so inclined they could open a letter and obtain the info inside which in DWP mail may include a NI number easypeasy. So would the department be guilty of breaching data protection?

Same applies with letters from a DCA the return postcode tells all
            You'd be able to tell if an envelope had been opened by someone, by the tears and rips on the envelope. The one i got contained neither tears or rips, which is evidence it was never sealed in the first place. That's where the breach of data protection is.

As for who pays, well firstly its not money am interested in. Its the security of my NI number that's my concern, as that can be used to get ID, benefits and other things in my name. and last thing i want is to be falsely accused of fraud or even have the terrorist police turn up at my door one morning. As a taxpayer myself, anything i get awarded as compensation would be minor compared to what i myself have now paid in to the system, so i'd only be getting back part of what i personally had paid in.

Whether Government departments should send out letters, with return addresses showing clearly that its a government letter, or not? well i'd say no, they shouldn't be. There is no reason why they can not simply use standard P.O. Boxes instead. instead of advertising "Hey this is government mail, if you open me you can steal someones information and even their ID with the info inside me!"
            Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

With respect where do you think tis will go and have you any proof that someone has your personal details?
              In this world I suspect that if someone wanted info on you they could do it without intercepting your post

Comment

Then this poor Politician resigns his seat at the next election,collects a payoff, collects a pension gets several jobs on company boards and a nice job in am industry he dealt with as a government minister and still has contacts in the corridors of Westminster.
                WOW that's a real tragedy for the poor soul
                You old cynic, Wales. Seriously, though, it's not just politicians who are at it. Civil servants have been found leaving the Civil Service and going to work for companies who had contracts with their agency or department. Is it corrupt? Yes, it is. Should it be jumped on? Yes.

Until we, the electorate, force a change in the way the UK government works and those who work within it and those we elect to represent us at parliamentary level behave, what you highlight will continue. It is pointless saying it will never change. It will change if the electorate speak as one and make it clear the gravy train is about to hit the buffers and that it is the end of the line for the sort of behaviour you highlight. Period.

Comment

The Gravy train will take on extra carriages for all those getting on it as the years go by as we all know power corrupts that's why the likes of Cameron clegg blair and all those below them in the ruling class set up their futures while in power.
                  The only ones who can bring in laws to change the corrupt system are those who are the Corrupt system

Comment

With respect where do you think tis will go and have you any proof that someone has your personal details?
                    In this world I suspect that if anyone wanted to find out you the could quite easily

Comment

In this world I suspect that if someone wanted info on you they could do it without intercepting your post
                      Well its not about a person wanting info on myself personally. Its the fact that anyone who had access to the letter before it was put through my letter box, could have quite easily read the letter. I don't need prove someone did, all i need as proof the data protection act was breached was the fact the data was not secured - I.e Not in a sealed envelope!

What i want, is a new NI number and a full apology along with any evidence of the amounts they say i owe. Instead of having the risk my NI number was used by others and having to carry on receiving demands for alleged amounts every other month. As i said before i am not interested in money, i now have enough of my own money!!

----------------------------

I have now received two more letters this morning (both in sealed envelopes this time), one alleging £40.50 and another alleging £57.82 both social loans. So that's now 4 they are claiming so god knows what the hell is going on here! I think Inca's explanation is the most likely. Just realised the above sums added together equal £98.32 - So they relate to the letter received on Friday. Still doesn't explain anything though, as all social loans i took out were paid back in deductions.
                      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Now you have "enough of my own money" and don't owe them you have no problem take them to court to prove it as for a new NI number have you asked them for one? And what have the ICO said in reply to your complaint?

Comment

I haven't even had chance to print the letter of let alone send it to them yet - Plus am still making amendments to it (including request for new NI). I only got their letter on Friday, so i also have not had chance to contact the ICO yet either.

And why should i take them to court, when the ICO is my first port of call. If the ICO disagrees with me then yes i may well take it to court myself, but that's not too then.

Comment

Hi Amethyst, I'm being badgered for a social fund repayment of a loan I never had. Only £12ish but no evidence provided and now they're going to take it from my benefit. Am deeply suspicious of a Tory 'money grab' going on?? Any advice on how to pursue please, thanks, James.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X