• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global (ARC Europe) - Lloyds Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global (ARC Europe) - Lloyds Bank

At the end of January this year my wife received in post an envelope which contained Letter from Lloyds Bank informing that her account for loan has been purchased by Arrow Global. In same envelope a letter from Arrow Global/ARC Europe explaining that the debt had been transfered to them and to essentially pay up within 10 days.

The issue is that we have not banked with Lloyds for over 18 years, and cannot recall any debt owed. Arrow sent a follow up which arrived yesterday which was exceptionally threatening.
    Like an idiot I phoned up and they asked my wife security questions to enable me to talk. They asked for date of birth and when reluctantly given they said it was wrong and they could not speak with us. I grabbed phone and really lost it with the pleb on the end of the line and call ended.
    I tried contacting Lloyds in Rosyth which was the address on letter and that is now TSB. They couldnt find any trace and stated that if we had owed anything, they would have been a bit more speedy than over 18 years.

What should I do? I have done a bit of Googling about this and not really sure how to proceed. Have read about sending a CCA request letter. Should we do this as in some threads it could almost be assumed that you are liable for a deb you have no knowledge of. Or do I just send a very basic letter saying we have no knowledge of debt and see you in court if you wish to proceed.

BTW. I keep seeing reference to a debt clock. What is this and is this a statute of limitations issue?

Deep Thought
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global (ARC Europe) - Lloyds Bank

Could just be they've got the wrong person. Wait and see if they come back. And don't answer the security questions! If they want to get in touch again they will write.

If you do write back ask them to prove it.

Comment

Re: Arrow Global (ARC Europe) - Lloyds Bank

Originally posted by Deep Thought View Post
      The issue is that we have not banked with Lloyds for over 18 years, and cannot recall any debt owed. Arrow sent a follow up which arrived yesterday which was exceptionally threatening.
      Like an idiot I phoned up and they asked my wife security questions to enable me to talk. They asked for date of birth and when reluctantly given they said it was wrong and they could not speak with us. I grabbed phone and really lost it with the pleb on the end of the line and call ended.
      I tried contacting Lloyds in Rosyth which was the address on letter and that is now TSB. They couldnt find any trace and stated that if we had owed anything, they would have been a bit more speedy than over 18 years.

What should I do? I have done a bit of Googling about this and not really sure how to proceed. Have read about sending a CCA request letter. Should we do this as in some threads it could almost be assumed that you are liable for a deb you have no knowledge of. Or do I just send a very basic letter saying we have no knowledge of debt and see you in court if you wish to proceed.
      A CCA request is not an admission of liability as such but you'd normally send it to assess enforceability of a debt you know existed. If you have no idea about the debt, you'd just send a 'prove it' letter.

Avoid talking to them over the phone. Keep it all in writing. :typing:

Dear Sirs

Ref: xxxxxxxx

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself. I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Lloyds Bank. I am familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question. I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable and in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive and unfair methods. Furthermore ignoring and disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical & psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question and await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

Yours faithfully,
      Originally posted by Deep Thought View Post
      BTW. I keep seeing reference to a debt clock. What is this and is this a statute of limitations issue?
      Deep Thought
      Yes, it relates to debts that have not been paid or acknowledged in 6 years (5 in Scotland). If this really was your debt, it would have been SBd 12 years ago! :clock:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X