• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome finance mkrr/raven/Keynes collections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome finance mkrr/raven/Keynes collections

Hi All,

I am hoping you can help.

in 2004 I took out a car on finance with Welcome Finance (around 4K) and then took out a loan with them in 2006 (2K) I was paying them both as normal until I ran in to some trouble back in 2007 and the last payment and contact I made to both was in June 2008. I could just not afford it and was young and silly I thought they would just go away. I know thats not true.

I have moved house a lot and remained under the radar really until about 2012 when we moved in to our new house (Mortgaged under my wife's name)

I then started to receive letters from MKRR and their other aliases about the debt. the car looks to be at around 4.5k and the loan about 5k so nearly 10k in total. they are not overly threatening letters just saying please make a payment plan etc very similar to other posts I have seen. Now they are saying they will pass it to Keynes Collections and now its started to concern me.

I have been trying to rebuild my credit for years and this year I will need to go on the mortgage and the only defaults showing on my CF are these. one defaulted in 2008 and the other looks to have defaulted in 2010 which is weird. now I know the 2008 one will drop off this year however that 2010 is causing me a lot of concern.

I don't want to have my pants pulled down again so not really sure what to do.

Can MKRR add another default to my account etc??

If I opt to start paying them can they add this to my CF????

Can I have the 2010 default cleared as it defaulted in 2007????

arrrrggggghhhhh what to do help me please????

dug
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome finance mkrr/raven/Keynes collections

Dug, early Sunday morning!
    Will try my best but lots of good people here that can help!
    Sounds as if you may have to do a CCA ( cost £1)there are template letters on site for this.
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Originally posted by Duggyd View Post
      in 2004 I took out a car on finance with Welcome Finance (around 4K) and then took out a loan with them in 2006 (2K) I was paying them both as normal until I ran in to some trouble back in 2007 and the last payment and contact I made to both was in June 2008. I could just not afford it and was young and silly I thought they would just go away. I know thats not true.
      Your profile says you are in England, so this won't be SBd yet but it will be in a few months time so you have to be very careful not to reset the clock! :clock: :clock:
      I then started to receive letters from MKRR and their other aliases about the debt. the car looks to be at around 4.5k and the loan about 5k so nearly 10k in total. they are not overly threatening letters just saying please make a payment plan etc very similar to other posts I have seen. Now they are saying they will pass it to Keynes Collections and now its started to concern me.
      Why does that concern you? They're all part of the same group: http://compellogroup.co.uk/who-are-w...llections.aspx

I have been trying to rebuild my credit for years and this year I will need to go on the mortgage and the only defaults showing on my CF are these. one defaulted in 2008 and the other looks to have defaulted in 2010 which is weird. now I know the 2008 one will drop off this year however that 2010 is causing me a lot of concern.
      If the default date was incorrectly recorded, you should ask them to correct it.
      Can MKRR add another default to my account etc??
      No, there can only be ONE default per account.
      If I opt to start paying them can they add this to my CF????
      No, but why would you opt to start paying when you are just a few months away from statute barred? :scared: :scared: :scared:
      Can I have the 2010 default cleared as it defaulted in 2007????
      Yes, you should write to them asking to correct it. :thumb:

Comment

Dug take note of Flaming Parrot!
        :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Deleted

Comment

Hi Both,

Thanks for the speedy replies you may have to bear with me as my knowledge is not great.

So your suggesting I just ride the wave until its SB I checked my online banking yesterday and the last payment I made to the accounts was june 2008 so I am guessing they will come SB in August 2014? What do I need to to in august to get them off my back as I am imagining they won't just go away?

How best is it to ride the wave? just ignore the letters or send them back through the post saying wrong address?

My concerns over Keynes Collections is they apply for a CCJ etc then i am screwed if you know what I mean!

How do I go about getting them to remove the default I am stuck with this one I guess because if I contact them to move the default this is admitting liability of the debt and restarting the clock.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Comment

Hang fire! FP will get back to you as soon as she can.
              Last edited by dogtired; 10th February 2014, 13:44:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X