• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

statutory declaration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• statutory declaration

I need to go to court to do a statutory declaration in front of a magistrate, what actually happens when I go I'm abit scared.
    Last edited by pinky1; 5th February 2014, 21:52:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: statutory declaration

Welcome to LB, Pinky, and don't be scared - it's very simple and straightforward indeed

Someone who is familiar with the procedure will be along to reassure you further .

Comment

Thank you

Comment

:bump:

Comment

Bump:bump:
          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

I have had to do this before & it is very simple & straightforward. I went into court & completed the relevant forms, waited to be seen by a magistrate where I had to swear on oath that I knew nothing of the debt. The debt was cleared immediately. Certainly nothing to worry about (it wasn't for me anyway) hope his helps

Comment

Do you have to stand up and explain everything to the magistrate I'm really scared off doing this as I'm not good at talking in front of a lot of people and im a nervous person

Comment

Pinky - if it's anything like swearing a Stat. Dec. in front of a solicitor or commissioner of oaths you just have to repeat a set declaration under oath (ie with your hand on the good book of whatever your religion, or other if this disagrees with your faith). You won't be cross-examined or asked any questions - you just swear that what you have said (are saying) in writing is true.

Comment

Remember the magistrate may well be the local shopkeeper or small business owner not the beak from Oliver Twist

Comment

The reason I have to do it cos I had a fine which I never knew about cos they sent the court summons and other letters to an address which I never lived at I only no about it now cos I received a further steps notice letter and a baliff letter

Comment

So- to what are you actually swearing, Pinky?

Comment

That I never knew about this fine

Comment

Well that's all you have to do - you won't be asked for anything else - you just swear the truth of what you have written and get it stamped. Don't worry:hug

Comment

Its a TV licence fine when someone came out to my old address she write an completely different address on the form then 2 weeks later we moved but the address they had for me I've never lived at

Comment

All you are doing is swearing that what you have already said is true - it's a very simple, straightforward procedure.

If you have further issues with the TV licence fine (or anything else) and you want help with that then please do say - there are experts here who will give you very good (the best) advice.

Meanwhile, chill about the Stat. Dec. - as long as you are telling the truth there is nothing at all to worry about

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X