• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ATOS Assessment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ATOS Assessment

When you receive your appointment immediately phone the office concerned requesting it be recorded, and then confirm (in writing sent signed for).

My son was sent an assessment date (April 30th 2013), requested recording by phone which was agreed. New appointment to be sent when recording equipment available. Confirmed in writing and haven't heard anything since.

Here's a couple of sites which will give you some background to this.
    http://blog.atoshealthcare.com/2012/...ed-assessment/
    //www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/131400/response/339826/attach/4/RFP%2027.PDF.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by buds68 View Post
      How do i insist on a recording if i ever get an appointment date ?
      You write to them and insist on it.

Comment

I am now on week 22 of waiting for an assesment date for ESA/PIP...13 weeks to be put in a group,its week 24 on that one for me...
        I have heard that these Atosers assesment people finds people fit for work all the time...Am I wrong to hope they find me fit?....I beleive that any body movement when standing causes me pain and discomfort either immediately or for days if not weeks after,I have permanent nerve /spine damage...but some times after say 5 weeks of complete rest and near on being house bound I can almost do anything anyone would ask of me,well for a few minutes if heavy and if light an hour,but the thing is like i said i may suffer for weeks after and then not even have energy to feed myself...I really want to get working again, I was a work aholic before this illness and have many money making buisness plans I am desperate to pursue , possible chances of creating an income and getting on my feet again are a health proffessional opinions away...All I need is for some one with medical knowledge to say to me that work will not do me more harm than good and I will be a happy working guy again,within days...But if they get it wrong, my long term health is at stake let alone day to day discomfort...I dont know how to approach them as every one seems to want to be told they cannot work, I want to be told I can,even though my body tells me i cant lol its a confusing situation due to there well documented lack of skills in assesing people, I feel that I just cant go there being so positive.

Comment

I.ve been waiting 7months for an asessment with Atos,im petrified of going after reading these comments,i suffer with severe depression an anxiety the thought of having questions fired at me by a stranger makes me feel sick !

Comment

Originally posted by IsItRequired View Post
            I have heard that these Atosers assesment people finds people fit for work all the time...Am I wrong to hope they find me fit?....I beleive that any body movement when standing causes me pain and discomfort either immediately or for days if not weeks after,I have permanent nerve /spine damage...but some times after say 5 weeks of complete rest and near on being house bound I can almost do anything anyone would ask of me,well for a few minutes if heavy and if light an hour,but the thing is like i said i may suffer for weeks after and then not even have energy to feed myself...I really want to get working again, I was a work aholic before this illness and have many money making buisness plans I am desperate to pursue , possible chances of creating an income and getting on my feet again are a health proffessional opinions away...All I need is for some one with medical knowledge to say to me that work will not do me more harm than good and I will be a happy working guy again,within days...But if they get it wrong, my long term health is at stake let alone day to day discomfort...I dont know how to approach them as every one seems to want to be told they cannot work, I want to be told I can,even though my body tells me i cant lol its a confusing situation due to there well documented lack of skills in assesing people, I feel that I just cant go there being so positive.
            I am sure that, whether you wish it or not, the ATOS "healthcare professional" - who may be a midwife or a dentist - will perform one of their usual miracles and declare you fit for work.

Of course, it couldn't and wouldn't be their fault in any way if you should drop down dead a few weeks later.

Comment

Originally posted by buds68 View Post
              I.ve been waiting 7months for an asessment with Atos,im petrified of going after reading these comments,i suffer with severe depression an anxiety the thought of having questions fired at me by a stranger makes me feel sick !
              Whatever else you might do, do not have a heart attack during the "assessment", or they'll certainly stop your benefit claim.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/ne...-cashaxe-shock

If you really must die - or nearly die - try to hold off until you have left the assessment centre.

Your cooperation in this would doubtless be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                I am sure that, whether you wish it or not, the ATOS "healthcare professional" - who may be a midwife or a dentist - will perform one of their usual miracles and declare you fit for work.

Of course, it couldn't and wouldn't be their fault in any way if you should drop down dead a few weeks later.
                I have a dodgy tooth so hopefully I will get the dentist guy...and if he performs miracles all the better lol just hope like you say that after a few weeks his miracle lasts...now im thinking should I organise a Will before this assesment?

Comment

Originally posted by IsItRequired View Post
                  should I organise a Will before this assesment?
                  It would be as well.

Also read http://dwpnegligence.wordpress.com/2...nd-background/ and http://dwpnegligence.wordpress.com/2...pain-and-lies/

Comment

What is a rule 35 statement ? Sorry im new to all this !

Comment

After reading recent news headlines about threats to Atos staff...I now fear going to one of there assesment centres...Just say one of these "killers" that have made threats is planning that day to do something...I like the safety of my own home and now consider there premersises too dangerous and risky for me a vulnerable disabled person.We live in a dangerous world and I think we all should be as careful as we possible can be.
                      But then again I am so desperate for the rightful money owed that weather an asessment centre visit causes me pain and discomfort or not im going ,a home visit will no doubt just leave me living in poverty even longer.I just hope it dont all kick off the day I go...I might email them asking what safety measures against such possible attacks they have in place...Can they provide me with at least a stab proff vest if not a bullet proff one? have they done a risk assesment?

Comment

Atos providing stab vests? Plots to bomb I think your imagination is running wild.

My wife had an ATOS assessment no problems she answered the questions provided proof of disabilities she is under 3 Consultants with different things wrong ,would agree that some people have as they say a bad time but its human nature to complain if things are not in your favour.
                        I have to say again I think the system of having a private company assessing people is wrong why cannot medical history and evidence be the test.

Comment

I have just e-petitioned for the immediate closer of all Atos centres due to recent news reports and the dangers involved with visiting one,either Atos to just do home visits or that they be held at military instalations for the sake of the safety of the public that use them.

Comment

I submitted a reg 35 statement to be told by a decision maker based at the dundee office that the template downloaded was just a standard letter, they then sent a questionnaire to our GP and all the questions ask is about mobility not her mental health of learning difficulties. So in short the dwp are not recognising the reg 35 statements.

Comment

Do you really think that will happen 2 Million people marched against the Gulf war a few years ago?
                              That changed the Governments mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevmc View Post
                                I submitted a reg 35 statement to be told by a decision maker based at the dundee office that the template downloaded was just a standard letter, they then sent a questionnaire to our GP and all the questions ask is about mobility not her mental health of learning difficulties. So in short the dwp are not recognising the reg 35 statements.
                                A Rule 35 Statement is written by your GP or hospital consultant. What it is, in essence, is a report setting out the case why it is impossible or nigh on impossible for the claimant to work. The DWP then has to disprove what the GP/consultant has said by means of medical evidence. The Decision Maker is being disingenuous, at the very least, and breaking the rules. Get in touch with your MP asap and ask them about pursuing a complaint with the Parliamentary Ombudsman for maladministration and what appears to be clear breaches of Article 6 of the European Convention on Human Rights. This puts the DWP - and the Decision Maker - in breach of Section 6, Human Rights Act 1998, meaning they are acting unlawfully.
                                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X