• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ATOS Assessment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ATOS Assessment

Originally posted by SpringerSpaniel View Post
    There is an article in today's Independent about the problems with mandatory re-consideration of ESA appeals.
    Link?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      Cloggy we all know the benefits bill is too high.
      It isn't - that's just propaganda.

when my wife went for her atos assessment there were 3 young lads under 25 who looked as if there was nothing wrong with them?
      Are you blessed with some extra-sensory perception whereby you can determine that someone is not afflicted by epilepsy, learning difficulties or schizophrenia, or do you just mean that whilst your wife belongs to "the deserving disabled", those young men do not?

maybe that's why ATOS are on the case.
      No - ATOS are "on the case" because they bought the company that previously had the contract - either Sema or Schlumberger.

By the way I in no way support ATOS I think doctors and surgeons and medical history should be used to assess disability not a 20 minute interview
      I tend to agree, but even medical histories can downplay a variable condition.

Comment

we all know the benefits bill is too high

Comment

Over £6 per hour ,However you can earn up to £100 per week as a carer and claim 50% of the cost of hiring a carer . However going over the amount by a little as £5 in a week can lose you the months money and going over the permitted amount over the course of a year by a little as £5 can make you liable to repay all the carers allowance from that year .

Comment

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...internalSearch

Comment

It would also be worth contacting your MP about the delay in the mandatory re-consideration. A letter from him/ her may speed this up.

You can find who they are on the site 'They Work For You', many will have an advice surgery on Saturdays.

Comment

If there are reports or statements explaining the nature of the disability; that it is genetic and permanent and not expected to improve, it is helpful to send COPIES of these to the DWP as they can be taken into account in the re-consideration process.

If at all possible send them by recorded delivery, and never send originals.

If your GP is helpful and can provide further evidence and/or a R35 statement, this will make abig difference.

I agree with the comments made by Clever Clogs about complaining to the professional bodies of Atos staff if they show a hostile or unprofessional manner.

Comment

You can find who they are on the site 'They Work For You', many will have an advice surgery on Saturdays.
                  Or https://www.writetothem.com

Comment

Cloggy I was actually saying I could not see anything wrong with them same as an assessor would see at first glance that's why I was asking why medical history was not the criteria for Disability claims ,
                    can you tell at a glance if someone is disabled or suffering from something like cancer?

Comment

If at all possible send them by recorded delivery, and never send originals.
                      ,,, Because the buggers tend to "lose" such statements.

Comment

Cloggy I was actually saying I could not see anything wrong with them same as an assessor would see at first glance that's why I was asking why medical history was not the criteria for Disability claims ,
                        That was not how I read your comments:

Cloggy we all know the benefits bill is to high .when my wife went for her atos assessment there were 3 young lads under 25 who looked as if there was nothing wrong with them? maybe that's why ATOS are on the cae.
                        You seemed to have been accusing them of malingering.

can you tell at a glance if someone is disabled or suffering from something like cancer?
                        No - nobody can, unless the person has a limb missing.

Before the "reforms", there were about 2.6 million people receiving Incapacity Benefit.

Now, there are approximately 2.5 million people receiving ESA.

The "reforms" have been a complete waste of time and money.

Comment

There was a Question mark at the end of the sentence about the 3 young lads
                          Meaning I would have to get some evidence they were disabled like medical reports I try not to judge people on looks alone

Comment

Whatever.

Comment

There are numerous types of disability which are not visible to the casual observer, just as one example someone deaf may look 'able bodied'.

Comment

Would you buy a used car from this creature?

Or would you reach for a crucifix and an oaken stake to hammer through his chest?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X