• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

left UK with small debts and now planning to return

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• left UK with small debts and now planning to return

dears

i left some small debit like phone bill , small amount overdraft and may be utility bills in 2008 i left UK and live aboard.

This year i want return to UK with my wife and start a business but i am really worry what would happen.

Am i able to get bank account, register BT line and get power supply also register a company and business account.

Any advice for me? I checked no CCJ by trust online.
    Tags: None

Re: left UK with small debts and now planning to return

Stay away for another year, then the debts should certainly be time barred by section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980 (link).

If you owed any Council Tax when you scarpered overseas, you'll still owe it when you return if the council got a Liability Order at the time.

Comment

how many years does it last?
      I have to go back this may.
      what would happen when i apply bank account?
      consider i will live in a different address and my previous address for the last 6 years will be in China

Comment

How many years does what last?

Comment

you said i have to wait another year??

Comment

Oh, right...

It's just a matter of when the "cause for action" arose, thereby starting the Limitation Period.

If you'd last paid or acknowledged the debts in March 2008, you should be safe to return in May 2014.

Comment

o i got you.
              most debt were acknowledged before 2008.
              may be 1 t-mobile was defaulted and 1 logistic serivce.

but i want to know how credit agrency can match my
              record if my address is different? even the last 6 years i was not in uk.
              or they can only use my name and dob could dig out my whole history?

thanks
              Last edited by palida; 4th February 2014, 16:27:PM.

Comment

If the last default was over six years ago, it should no longer appear on your credit file.

Your debts may have been sold to various debt purchasing parasites of which the "Peoples'" Republic of China is mercifully free but, even if they can trace you after you return, all they can do is to huff, puff and make silly threats.

Comment

actually i don't mind pay back those debt.
                  what i really concern is can i open bank accoints, register limited company,
                  apply landline, contract phone and daily life.

this really worry me I come back but i need to deal with so much troubles ...
                  thanks

Comment

Originally posted by palida View Post
                    actually i don't mind pay back those debt.
                    what i really concern is can i open bank accoints, register limited company,
                    apply landline, contract phone and daily life.
                    Yes.

And you won't even need to join The Party or pay bribes to any officials.

Comment

sorry i didn't get your metaphor...
                      so they likely to let me?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X