• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charging Order (Nrock and Marlin)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging Order (Nrock and Marlin)

Hi there

First post and its for help im afraid !

I defaulted with a loan with Northern Rock (or NRAM) who then secured a charging order on my home on the 13/3/2007. (My name is the only name on the mortgage and for clarity no regular payments where instructed to be paid)

Roll on to now and NRAM have sold the debt onto Marlin who are now hassling me for payments.

I got a court letter through the other day which was a "substitution of claimant notice" which im assuming means Marlin now legally owns the debt completely. I've done a search on Trustline and no judgements are showing against me which im assuming is because over 6 yrs have passed

Just need to know whats the way forward for me now and where i stand considering there is a charging order on my house and yet they want me to make payments ?

Thank you

Paul
    Tags: None

Re: Charging Order (Nrock and Marlin)

Anyone ?

Comment

Sorry for missing your post.

In your original judgment NRAM were given permission to apply for a charging order and there were no instalment conditions given (do you have a copy of the original judgment). In which case Marlin would need to apply to the court for a variation of the order, this could be a possiblity if they have already submitted the substitution of claimant docs. In what way are Marlin hassling you for payments ?

The NRAM/Marlin etc deals all finalised on 10th Feb 2014 and they've really helpfully put this up on the CO question.

Do I need to contact anyone regarding the charging order on my loan?

No, you do not need to take any action. Marlin will be responsible for the on-going administration of your loan.
      lol, nice of them. ( http://www.n-ram.co.uk/loans/sale-of-personal-loans )
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

HI

No worries... thankful for any help

Yes i have copies of the original judgement. I have offered them a monthly payment but they have just wrote back declining.

Im going to offer more now but is there a letter template i should be sending with it ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X