• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP from Primark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLP from Primark

Hello,

3 weeks ago I got caught shoplifting in Primark and was informed I would receive a RLP letter in the post. I understand I shouldnt pay this but I have a few questions regarding the letter if anyone who has received an RLP letter recently could spare two seconds.

1. Is the envelope recognisable? - The letter is being delivered to my parents home while I am at uni, I have heard people say there is a grey watermark which you wouldnt question but other have said theres has had a red "retail loss prevention" on it -which my parents would question. So there is obviously various envelopes used and I just want to know what are the recent envelopes in circulation.

2. How long has it taken others to get their letter in the post? - its been 3 weeks for me so far, I've heard the extremes, like 11months to >year but just want to know the average wait

3. If I call them to change the address of the case are they likely to bump up the price just on the basis that I've been in contact?

Id really appreciate the help if people could just spend two secs answering. Many thanks

Re: RLP from Primark

Cloggy!

Comment

deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Ari698 View Post
        3 weeks ago I got caught shoplifting in Primark
        Is there nowhere better where you live in which you might have been caught? :grin:

Seriously, though, I really cannot quite understand why anyone might shop in Primark!

Some more details about the incident might also be helpful. Were you nabbed inside the store or outside? Were the goods recovered intact?

and was informed I would receive a RLP letter in the post. I understand I shouldnt pay this but I have a few questions regarding the letter if anyone who has received an RLP letter recently could spare two seconds.

1. Is the envelope recognisable? - The letter is being delivered to my parents home while I am at uni, I have heard people say there is a grey watermark which you wouldnt question but other have said theres has had a red "retail loss prevention" on it -which my parents would question. So there is obviously various envelopes used and I just want to know what are the recent envelopes in circulation.
        In my opinion, any letter which declares its likely contents on the outside could be said to be (a) libellous and/or (b) in violation of the Data Protection Act 1998.

2. How long has it taken others to get their letter in the post? - its been 3 weeks for me so far, I've heard the extremes, like 11months to >year but just want to know the average wait
        Does it matter? Their claims will be just as fatuous whenever they might arrive.

3. If I call them to change the address of the case are they likely to bump up the price just on the basis that I've been in contact?
        Why bother?

Comment

For the record the OP does not live with their parents but that is their registered address and as such is where any letter would go.
          I have given some suggestions as to what they could say the letter was about...witness to something, survey etc.

Cloggy people shop at Primark because they want to been seen in different clothes and with disposable fashion why pay a high price.

You are of an age (I Think) where you believe in quality and not quantity

Me personally I like both..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X