• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Repossession, 6 months pregnant. Terrified.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repossession, 6 months pregnant. Terrified.

Last year we had a suspended repossesion order, came to an agreement with santander to pay 2000 in october, and then normal payments nov and dec.

The 2000 was sent from my halifax account, the mortgage is in my mums name.

I've been in hospital suffering with high bp, my mum contacted them to find out if payment had been received in Novemeber as we had not heard anything.

We got told they hadn't, but hadn't bothered to let us know, so they said we would need to trace it, and they would look into it.

They were looking into where the payment had gone through nov and devemeber, and to be fair being quite reasonable about it.

I got a letter on the 6th of Jan stating they hadn't received payment for nov or dec.

I just struggled to understand why, when I've been speaking to the head of complaints on a daily basis, they failed to let us know for 2 months that they hadn't had it.

So the letter stated on jan the 6th we have till the 31st to pay 3600, there is no way on earth we could muster that kind of money up.

My dads wages for jan and feb would cover it, but they won't split it.

The actual arrears are over 6k but they were willing to accept that.

To cut it short i've got until the 15th of february of the litigation for eviction starts again.

I am terrified, 6 months pregnant and already suffering with high bp, still having halifax putting traces on lost payments but looking like its a slow process and not getting anywhere fast.

I just don't know what to do, my mum and dad are over 60, we originally got into difficulty paying as my dad had a collapsed lung and had quite a bit of time off work, after being diagnosed with emphasyma too.

We have had this house over 30 years and I am utterly devistated there isn't more we can do, we have about 1000 of the 3000.

Have been applying for loans left right and centre but because of the defaults on our mortgage finding it very difficult.

I know I can turn to shelter etc, but have i got any other options?

Have thought about one of these guarantoor loans, just struggling to find anyone with a home other than my parents who can guarantor it, I have my dads projected wage slip for feb that proves he will be getting on average 2600, its jsut the time thats the issue.
    Tags: None

6 months pregnant terrified.

Last year we had a suspended repossesion order, came to an agreement with santander to pay 2000 in october, and then normal payments nov and dec.

The 2000 was sent from my halifax account, the mortgage is in my mums name.

I've been in hospital suffering with high bp, my mum contacted them to find out if payment had been received in Novemeber as we had not heard anything.

We got told they hadn't, but hadn't bothered to let us know, so they said we would need to trace it, and they would look into it.

They were looking into where the payment had gone through nov and devemeber, and to be fair being quite reasonable about it.

I got a letter on the 6th of Jan stating they hadn't received payment for nov or dec.

I just struggled to understand why, when I've been speaking to the head of complaints on a daily basis, they failed to let us know for 2 months that they hadn't had it.

So the letter stated on jan the 6th we have till the 31st to pay 3600, there is no way on earth we could muster that kind of money up.

My dads wages for jan and feb would cover it, but they won't split it.

The actual arrears are over 6k but they were willing to accept that.

To cut it short i've got until the 15th of february of the litigation for eviction starts again.

I am terrified, 6 months pregnant and already suffering with high bp, still having halifax putting traces on lost payments but looking like its a slow process and not getting anywhere fast.

I just don't know what to do, my mum and dad are over 60, we originally got into difficulty paying as my dad had a collapsed lung and had quite a bit of time off work, after being diagnosed with emphasyma too.

We have had this house over 30 years and I am utterly devistated there isn't more we can do, we have about 1000 of the 3000.

Have been applying for loans left right and centre but because of the defaults on our mortgage finding it very difficult.

I know I can turn to shelter etc, but have i got any other options?

Have thought about one of these guarantoor loans, just struggling to find anyone with a home other than my parents who can guarantor it, I have my dads projected wage slip for feb that proves he will be getting on average 2600, its jsut the time thats the issue.

If i didn't have more than myself to think about I would be considering other more permanent option. I am just so scared

Comment

Re: Repossession, 6 months pregnant. Terrified.

Hello Rachel, please try not to get stressed because I'm sure this can be sorted. This is your other thread which I will read again to see where we're at

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...693#post400693

Comment

Thank you, its all very messy. Goal posts have been changed many times and communication lacking.

Comment

Re: 6 months pregnant terrified.

Hello Rachel. Me again

Whatever happens you mustn't get worked up because you have already been in hospital with high blood pressure. There's probably no one at Santander today to deal with this because it's the weekend. Please ring Shelter's free helpline which is open until 5 pm today because they will give you the reassurance you need. There are some pretty mean and nasty judges out there but none of them would want to evict a pregnant woman.

SHELTER's helpline 0808 800 4444

Comment

Originally posted by rachellegordon123 View Post
            Thank you, its all very messy. Goal posts have been changed many times and communication lacking.
            Well if they won't communicate with you, then you can communicate with us instead

Comment

I've replied to your PM

I'll be back online later

Comment

You can ignore my question in that PM because I can see you already have a suspended possession order. Let's keep it that way - suspended

Comment

Rachel hun,,,there is nothing you can do until Monday (except of course follow PlanB's and any other Beagles excellent advice)
                  You MUST MUST put your health first,,baby won;t be happy whilst Mummys stress levels are through the roof..High blood pressure is dangerous even when not pregnant but lethal whilst pregnant and at 6months gestation baby isn't fully 'cooked'
                  I know it's easy for me to say 'relax' but for the next day and a half nothings going to change so take advantage of the 'weekend'....have long bubble baths...rest and have 'you' time (Post doesn't come on Sundays yay!!)

There's always a Beagle or 10 around to vent to,,might be slower at the weekend but someone will pop up xxx
                  :grouphug:

Comment

:_tighthug__by_darkm
                    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

They won't budge on how much we can pay.

I can pay half but that's about it.

if funds not recieved very soon proceedings commence.

contacted shelter waiting on that, just terrified.

ve enough to cover loans from next moths pay onwards but can't get anany just so so scared

in talks via email with a few different people but they seem to just ignore me when I ask things they don't want to reply about

Comment

If Santander won't budge then a court can make them budge! Read this post (below) again which I put on your other thread. Once you have made an application to the court to vary that suspended possession order there will be no eviction. I'm so pleased you've now spoken to Shelter. Let them take over from here if they are willing.

Stop worrying yourself sick trying to think of ways to raise the money to pay these arrears when it's possible to get the amount reduced Please don't try to raise a loan to pay them at least not until Shelter has advised you on your next step.

I'm the same age as your mum (as per your PM) and despite being "old age pensioners" technically speaking, women of our vintage are exceptionally tough old birds. And if we're mothers we're even tougher.

Re-read this post and then start to feel better:

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                        If your arrears are £5,345 and you have 5 years left until the mortgage expires you should be entitled to pay off those arrears over the remaining term which means the payments would be around £89 per month (assuming interest is not being charged on those arrears which it shouldn't be). How dare they bully you into paying £950 per month with threats of eviction :rant: That repayment schedule would clear the arrears in less than six months which is not reasonable and I'm confident that a court would agree with me.

There is a legal precedent which says the lender should accept clearance of the arrears over the life of the loan. It's Cheltenham & Gloucester vs. Norgan here: http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/1995/11.html

You need to make an application to the court to get that suspended possession order varied. Your local CAB or Shelter representative will help you to do this. Did you go to the repossession hearing or did the lender bully and frighten you into agreeing the order by consent? I bet they did.

Read Loki's thread because she went through a similar nightmare yet when she got to court the judge gave the lender a right telling off, lowered her payments and made them pay her costs too

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...214#post389214

Comment

Thank you, we aren't entirely sure if its 5 years, I know its a maximum of 8.

I am in talks with someone quite high up at Santander, do you think I should email and offer an amount with the remaining set over the rest of the years left?

I could probably offer 1000, not including this months payment.
                          Which would take about 450 from the arrears and 550 for Jans payment. Which would put us at about 6000.

6000 split over 8 years worth of payment is something like 63 ish a month.

I can't see them agreeing to it but I guess its worth a try.

I have gone high up which is why they agreed to a reduced about of 3000 but I even showed them a pay slip proving that would leave us short and with nothing for the rest of the month.

They seem to dress pass anything i say, I have email addresses for steve pateman, whos a chairman i believe and sonia porter

Comment

I don't know who's who by name within Santander but I'll check on Monday morning

In the meantime I would send an email to all and sundry. Use the name you've got and copy your email to any other name you can find. Start your email by saying "I am six months pregnant and the way Santander has treated me is making me seriously ill. As a direct result I was admitted to hospital recently." That should make them focus.

Then I think you should say that Santander has caused this current arrears problem due to inefficiencies and mistakes made by its own accounts system. Tell them that payments were made from your Halifax bank account and you have sent them the evidence. Basically it's all their fault.

Then make an offer to pay the arrears over the remaining term of the mortgage. Don't worry if you get the maths wrong, what you need to do is lay a paper trail which proves that you have asked them to agree to something reasonable, and they have acted unreasonable by refusing to accept it (unless they agree of course ).

Tell them that you have contacted Shelter for legal advice and you expect to be making an application to the court to vary the suspended possession order but you are giving them the opportunity to agree it with you without the need to go to court. Remind them they will be at risk of legal costs if they don't consider your offer and the court subsequently agrees with your offer and orders them to accept it.

Finish by telling them that you consider their recent actions to be harassment and that if anything should happen to your unborn baby you will hold them responsible. Nothing will happen to your baby and you will be fine, but it may be a good idea to plant that thought in their head. The head of Santander is a woman and a mother so there's always a chance you may appeal to her mothering instinct

Comment

Originally posted by rachellegordon123 View Post
                              So the letter stated on jan the 6th we have till the 31st to pay 3600

. . . . To cut it short i've got until the 15th of february of the litigation for eviction starts again.
                              I can see what's happened. You were given a deadline of yesterday to pay money which you couldn't pay so you've woken up this morning in a panic. I would too. In reality Santander has in effect given you until 15th February before they will do anything about an application to the court for an Eviction Warrant but the threat is there nonetheless. This is bullying pure and simple.

You have two weeks to sort this. It'll be fine. Two weeks is a long time

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X